Colds!!!

Options
Hi all, today i've woken up with a terrible cold - achy bones, stuffy nose, sore throat etc. When i come down with a cold i always feel extra hungry..........diet or not!!! Was just wondering if any1 else felt like this when they have a cold!!! I could eat soooo much!! gonna have to go to bed soon i think!!!! (its 8pm in the UK)

Replies

• lucmclaren381
    Options
    Hi all, today i've woken up with a terrible cold - achy bones, stuffy nose, sore throat etc. When i come down with a cold i always feel extra hungry..........diet or not!!! Was just wondering if any1 else felt like this when they have a cold!!! I could eat soooo much!! gonna have to go to bed soon i think!!!! (its 8pm in the UK)
  • eye_am_ready
    eye_am_ready Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i can't believe that u would give in!!! especially when you are almost half way to your goal weight loss...drink lots of liquids (o.j)...drink a cup of herbal tea or better or a fruit smoothie, please don't give in!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way i am sick along with my 3 yr old and 7 mth old and i am still going strong!!!!!!!!!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hi there, I always remember the old adage:tongue: "Feed a cold and starve a fever". I find that the first night I feel like a cold coming on :noway: I have a hot lemon and honey drink :bigsmile: 1 tbs honey,1 tbs lemon juice Freshly squeezed if possible and boiling water in a mug take it to bed and drink as hot as possible. it raises your tempreature to kill the cold virus:devil: (do not throw the cover's off as you perspire) you should feel better in the morning :bigsmile: Do this for the next few night until you are on top of the cold:drinker:
    Homemade chicken soup :wink: is also a very old cold food cure with a good Granary bread or toast,because with the perspiration you may become dehydrated so drink lots of water. :drinker:
    I always feel less like eating when I have a cold or flu but drink loads of water and eat my chicken soup :smile:
    Hope you feel better soon.

Families are like fudge:tongue: ………….mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside :laugh: .

Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy :smooched: .
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    I wont give in i promise!!!!:smile: I just feel majorly hungry lol!!! My lil girl is poorly to - we're dancing around to Beyonce to cheer ourselves up!! I cant move like her but its fun trying lol!! Hope u and kids feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    Hi there, I always remember the old adage:tongue: "Feed a cold and starve a fever". I find that the first night I feel like a cold coming on :noway: I have a hot lemon and honey drink :bigsmile: 1 tbs honey,1 tbs lemon juice Freshly squeezed if possible and boiling water in a mug take it to bed and drink as hot as possible. it raises your tempreature to kill the cold virus:devil: (do not throw the cover's off as you perspire) you should feel better in the morning :bigsmile: Do this for the next few night until you are on top of the cold:drinker:
    Homemade chicken soup :wink: is also a very old cold food cure with a good Granary bread or toast,because with the perspiration you may become dehydrated so drink lots of water. :drinker:
    I always feel less like eating when I have a cold or flu but drink loads of water and eat my chicken soup :smile:
    Hope you feel better soon.

Hi, thanks I always get that saying mixed up and never know which way round you say it LOL!!

I
  • eye_am_ready
    eye_am_ready Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dancing is always good!!! which is something that me and my children do on a regular basis...good to hear you and your daughter are having fun...this off topic, but have you ever tried Leslie Sansone -- 5 mile walk, its a wonderful workout and does not leave you exhausted, this would be a great touch to finishing up your weight loss goal!!! i wish you all the best !!!