What else can I do?

Options
I've been watching calories, exercising, and drinking my water!

I've always lost at least .5 pounds a week! Until now!!! :sad:

For the last three weeks I've been "good" about the calories/exercise/water and I've only dropped .8 pounds! (TOM isn't for another week so one would think that original number included some water weight!)

I feel good health wise but part of me wants to give up on the calorie part and just stick to exercise! I've gone through all the "plateau breakers" and nothing has helped this month! (I'm still up 4 pounds since Christmas!)

:frown:

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've been watching calories, exercising, and drinking my water!

I've always lost at least .5 pounds a week! Until now!!! :sad:

For the last three weeks I've been "good" about the calories/exercise/water and I've only dropped .8 pounds! (TOM isn't for another week so one would think that original number included some water weight!)

I feel good health wise but part of me wants to give up on the calorie part and just stick to exercise! I've gone through all the "plateau breakers" and nothing has helped this month! (I'm still up 4 pounds since Christmas!)

:frown:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    stick with it, it'll happen. weight loss natually lows as you get closer to your goal :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    stick with it, it'll happen. weight loss natually lows as you get closer to your goal :flowerforyou:

I dropped down to 139.6 the day before Christmas! It's like I just put it on over night and now it won't come off!
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    How is your protein intake? Adding adequate protein to my diet has helped me take pounds off totally- especially when I'm exercising. Maybe you can add the sugar category to your log to be sure you aren't taking in too much quick sugar energy- if you can lower this, theory says that the fat will come off instead of using up the sugar.

Wow! You've been really patient. I'd have been whining weeks ago! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    dont forget to measure yourself. you may be more muscular and have less inches. you are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Stick it out honey. It will fall off sooner then you know it.............keep with your cal intake, water and excercise.....your metabolizm could be being a lazy slob right now.........if you keep falling the plan it will likely get tired of you kicking it in the rear.

Hang tight.....

Oh and I agree measure.....I did and lost, so that could be whats up too.

GO GREEN :flowerforyou:
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was on a two-month plateau until this week when all of a sudden 5 lbs came off. Explanation? I got some advice from an acquaintance who's lost 100 pounds. I'd been tracking calories and trying not to go overboard on carbs and exercising like crazy, but nothing was happening. I showed a couple days of my food log to this friend and she advised that I be religious about keeping fat grams under 36 a day and sugar under 26 grams a day. I thought it was all about carbs to protein ratio, but I'll try anything. I was clearly eating too much of both categories because to stay under these guidelines I'm having to be very careful, but so far it's working. I'm hoping this is the answer for me. Other advice she gave (this was someone else's diet, not her own invention) was 225 g. carbs and 75 g. protein but to err on the side of protein. Replace starchy carbs with macro carbs--high fiber/raw veggies. I've been restricting my fruit to strawberries, blueberries and raspberries--low in sugar. Try it and let me know if it works for you.
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't have any wise words of wisdom...you are a smaller girl, so the weight is harder to lose. But I like your motto on your MFP weight loss ticker...keep reading that and following the motto...NEVER GIVE UP!

GOOD LUCK!