Post Concussion Syndrome & Exercise

Options
Hello.

I got a concussion 13 months ago (over a year). I suffer from post concussion syndrome, meaning I have the symptoms of post concussion. I get migraines everyday. I have a hard time focusing. I'm sensitive to light. My brain can get tired easily and hurt. I remember when I tried to exercise and jog, my brain would get foggy and vision would get worse. Also dealt with anxiety and depression to some degree (had to put career on hold).

I'm a tiny girl. I've noticed my weight gain but when you're practically debilitated, exercise is the last thing on your mind (at least mine). I've gained 20lbs in the course of 13 months. And I'm so embarrassed. Sometimes my family comments on my weight/fat and while still dealing with PCS so I'm down a bit sometimes.

I'm not fully recovered. I'm better than where I was last year, but I still get headaches everyday. At least I'm able to walk a bit now. I just put on a hat and sunglasses. My question with people who have ever been through this or something similar, how did you start to lose weight? What are some of the things you're also eating? Also how did you get into the mental space to do it? For me, like I said, this is really really embarrassing that I'm at my heaviest and right now walking is kind of all I can really handle.

Replies

• gaveupheart
    gaveupheart Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I should have posted this in the Weight Loss Help section. Womp womp. Can I delete and re-post?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can click the "Flag" button, then "Report" and ask the mods to delete it. Sorry for your injury.