Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing weight at 68!

DanaReel180
DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I recently received my Garmin Connect as a birthday gift from my daughter and she set me up on MFP!
I had back surgery; fusion and decompression a year ago and spinal steroid injections last month. After my surgery I zoomed up to 294 lbs. I'm 5'10" tall and wish to lose 100 lbs. Currently I weigh 271 and yes 23 lbs is good but have been struggling.
I'm looking forward to using MFP with my Garmin to meet my goals with y'all!

Replies

• princessp520
    princessp520 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am not sure if you are looking for an accountability partner, it sounds like you are doing great on your own. I could probably use some encouragement and accountability, which is why I ask. I also have a bit to lose and have to work on getting my blood sugar under better control. I am just turning 60 and got a Garmin as well, but for Christmas. I have used MFP off and on for years, but now I am getting back to really using it to help me toward my goals. Best wishes to you!
  • DanaReel180
    Thanks you guys! I do track my food; but exercise is my problem. Have you ever used a bicycle that you would use sitting in a chair? I wonder if they are worth the money.
    Thanks, Dana from Hot Springs, AR
  • DanaReel180
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Thanks you guys! I do track my food; but exercise is my problem. Have you ever used a bicycle that you would use sitting in a chair? I wonder if they are worth the money.
    Thanks, Dana from Hot Springs, AR

Do you mean a recumbent bike? They are excellent! You can read/watch tv etc in a comfortable position, and they can really get your heart rate up!

I highly recommend.
  • DanaReel180
    Ok, I wasn't sure the name. Thanks. I just had s blood clot in my leg do I need to get moving. I need to do as much as I can besides cleaning house. It's been bad since back surgery.
    I'll look on the internet. Thanks again!
    Dana
  • sweet82kisses
    sweet82kisses Posts: 4 Member
    Age is just a number you got this! :)<3
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I am old and lost 40 pounds so far just moving my fingers typing... mfp works!!!
  • DanaReel180
    Wow! Just typing! If that's the case I'll be losing fast! LOL
    Keep up the good work tracking in MFP.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Hi Dana sounds like we have some things in common. Lol. I too have back issues and just got the steroid injections in my back a month ago as well. I have a cleaning business and do back creaking work everyday so I understand. The best thing for my back to do as exercise is water aerobics. It is low impact and the water feels so good. I have a YMCA membership and although they offer water aerobics classes I just go and do the same things they do but on my own time. I will send you a friend request. Hope we can help each other along the way.
  • DanaReel180
    Thanks jackiefrost1013 I do have a Silver Sneakers membership at the Y for free! I haven't gone since I had my surgery. I really enjoyed the exercise class and they have a beautiful indoor pool. I need to get this "I'm too fat" idea out of my head and just do it. I love to swim and it would be great for me! Thanks for the idea and encouragement!
    Dana
  • lulabe11
    lulabe11 Posts: 12 Member
    This is just like my mom! It's just all the little choices that add up! Take the stairs instead of the evelvator, park far from the stores- those things. Slow and steady!
  • DanaReel180
    Good morning! My dog Dolly just jumped on me and wants me to get up! 70 lbs of coonhound!!
    I'm up and ready to start a new day!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Picking up and putting down coonhound is a good workout too!
  • DanaReel180
    edited April 2017
    annaskiski No way! Dolly weighs 70 lbs. dr says no more than 25 lbs!