Are there foods that will improve facial aging

Options
NOfried30
NOfried30 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I simply want to know are there foods that will help retore a youthful look? If so, what type of foods can I add to my daily nutrition intake that will help improve my facial aging? Although cosmetic enhancements are always a choice, I have always been reluctant in going that route. To add, I have always thought it is best to achieve weight lost goals and other beauty enhancements the natural way. Just recently I have looked into cosmetic procedures to obtain such goals. This is partly because I am not confident that going the natural route to improve or at least sustain youth in a good choice for me anymore. So, again I would like to know if their are diffrent strategies or foods I can add to my daily diet and lifestyle that will help me obtain my goal?
#NeedAHealthTip
#2TrustIsNeverAnOption

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Not really. Getting adequate vitamins and minerals will give your body the best chance, but there's no magic food that will improve skin's aging.
  • NOfried30
    NOfried30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that advice. Interesting enough someone brought to my attention in another discussion forum that certain foods will possibly help. For instance, Chia Seeds and Gogi Berries. Instantly, I was blown away to discover that Gogi Berries help with wrinkles and Chia Seeds contribute greatly to internal health (ie; cholesterol, blood pressure, sugar etc). I am definitely going to try that suggestion out.

Can you give me a few vitamins and mineral choices?
    #InNeedOfAHealthTip
    #2TrustIsNeverAnOption
  • pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every day that I add flax oil, and coromega fish oil (orange flavored), and also chia seeds. I also use about 2 cups of baby spinach and 1 cup strawberries/blueberries, protein powder & greens powder. I can tell the difference when I'm not getting my healthy fats, like if I travel & miss my smoothies for a few days. My skin looks dry, and my nails get more brittle. Also, my skin is at it's best when I avoid dairy & sugar.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Other than simply leading a healthy lifestyle and genetics. :)

Hydration is important....not only drinking enough water, but also moisturizing the skin and not overdoing sun exposure.

I actually use coconut oil as a moisturizer. I bend it with a little cosmetic moisturizer. I also use coconut oil as hand lotion. It is amazing, in my humble opinion.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nope ... but funny thing ... I read something today somewhere ... sleeping on your back assists with less facial aging because it keeps fine wrinkles at bay. Sleeping on your side or stomach makes your facial muscles sag and pinches/crease lines develope ... or so this article said.

PS ... Oh, just thought of this ... I have a cousin who has lovely skin and when I asked her what her skin care routine is she said ... she washes her face in milk, used the cut ends of fruits and vegetables as a toner/tonic by rubbing them over her face. She also concentrated on not wrinkling up her forehead by focusing on keeping it smooth and relaxed. ... Seemed to work for her. She used all sorts of cut produce on her face ... if she was eating a strawberry or a cucumber chances were good she'd rub that on her face. If she had fresh cream, she just loved to put some of that on also.!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have no proof or science to back this up, but i take collagen powder every single day. The one i use is called 'soft skin hydrolised collagen". I'm hoping it'll keep the wrinkles at bay. It's an Aussie product, only available here.

The one thing i have noticed since i started taking it, is the scaling dry skin i always had on my belly and hips has completely gone. I could slather on moisturisers and oils 5 times a day before and by the next morning it was back to being incredibly dry again, like that flaky skin you get after a sunburn. 4 weeks into taking the collagen it went away and has not returned, so it's done something good for my skin.

ETA: Drink plenty of water everyday, and try and incorporate fruits and veggies that are high in antioxidants as much as you can.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The best thing for that is sunscreen, every day.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I think this is largely genetic. I smoke, don't wash my face with fancy soap, I don't use sunscreen, and I'm 36 but look a lot younger. I don't have any wrinkles (yet) lol
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Water, zinc-rich foods, silica-rich foods, good gut health, omega-3 fats, good circulation, antioxidant-rich foods, and a positive attitude 24/7/365.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am complimented frequently on my youthful skin. @Machka9 is absolutely right. I could only add good genetics and not too much soap.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    wish there were foods to help with wrinkles. I didnt have any in my face until I lost weight :(
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Don't smoke
    Don't drink alcohol
    Use sunscreen
    Drink lots of water
    Exercise
    Do things that make you smile

This. If all else fails, there is botox.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you smile. Takes off 10 years instantly. Ice cream comes to mind.
  • MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm early 40's I d say #1 hydration #2 stay out of the sun/sunscreen#3 exfoliating& moisturizing I use coconut oil on my face & my hair a few times a week. For some ppl I guess it can clog pores but not on me.I use a prescription sunscreen moisturizer year round every day. If your skin is dry it will appear older looking. I also see a dermatologist regularly they can tell you the best regime for your skin & offer laser treatments photo therapy that targets damage etc. They can probably tell you which foods help.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I'm early 40's I d say #1 hydration #2 stay out of the sun/sunscreen#3 exfoliating& moisturizing I use coconut oil on my face & my hair a few times a week. For some ppl I guess it can clog pores but not on me.I use a prescription sunscreen moisturizer year round every day. If your skin is dry it will appear older looking. I also see a dermatologist regularly they can tell you the best regime for your skin & offer laser treatments photo therapy that targets damage etc. They can probably tell you which foods help.

those things are expensive(the dermatologist visits and the treatments) though.not everyone can afford those things.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Nope. Unless rubbing some food on your face helps with exfoliation or moisture. Key things to help with skin aging is not too much sun time and moisturizing it. The rest is genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png