The turtle is winning the race!

Options
amyrooni
amyrooni Posts: 20 Member
Celebrating because as of today, I have lost 20 pounds since I re-started in earnest on 11/27/2016! Slow but steady wins the race... that is about one pound per week for 19 weeks.

Related successes include more energy, lower cholesterol, decreased joint pain, and wearing smaller size clothing. In fact, I am celebrating today by wearing a favorite old pair of jeans that now look terrific (IMO)!

Unlike 3 years ago, I am determined and better equipped to finish this journey. Last time I was like the rabbit quickly losing weight and not adopting small, sustainable habits. As a result I peaked at 18 pounds lost and promptly put it all back on.

This time I am going to actually win this race long term by veing the turtle. My ultimate weight goal is 15 more pounds. Physical activity goal is to build to 100 minutes of cardio plus 2 strength workouts and one yoga class per week.

Thanks to those who have been supportive at MFP so far - some directly and others indirectly by your posting inspirational or informative info.

Slow but steady - turtle time!

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what happens when you quit "dieting" and make it a lifestyle that you can maintain for the rest of your life. Congrats; wonderful job!! B)
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Turtle time , race car time, .... as long as we get there... it will show... keep it up u have a better chance maintaining your weight after you hit ur goal in turtle time than in race car time !!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    20 pounds - 5 lbs a month - thru the Holidays? Ya huh. Way to go.
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    And this time it will stay off with your habits. Good job!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm on Day 799 so can definitely vouch for slow and steady ;)
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh man! You rock! Should make a TurtleTime thread in the maintenance section!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! Congrats!!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is great!!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    griffinca2 wrote: »
    It's amazing what happens when you quit "dieting" and make it a lifestyle that you can maintain for the rest of your life. Congrats; wonderful job!! B)

The statement sums up my attitude perfectly. You can't look at it as a dietperiod diets suck your constantly miserable you're giving up stuff that you would enjoy and it's a negative experience that's why diets fail we can't live with a constant negative. By looking at it as a lifestyle change your perspective changes. January 1st 2016 I weigh 288 my current weight is 208 and I've been maintaining for the last eight months. During that whole time including weight loss I still had the occasional Wendy's hamburger pizza and beer on the beach if I had to give those up I could have never done it. As crazy as it sounds losing the weight was the easiest thing I ever did. Not once did I look at it as I was giving something up or A-. Good luck in your journey and your turtle attitude is the right way to go. Good luck in your journey and your turtle attitude is the right way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!