1 week on 1200 calories diet and want to lose1.5 lbs/week.

Options
I followed my calorie goal religiously and worked out daily to lose 500 calories BUT did NOT lose any weight

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Give it another 3 weeks or so and get back to us if you haven't lost any weight then. Make sure your diary is open and all food logged then we can give some more informed advice.

Weight loss takes time. You will need patience and dedication to achieve results.
  • geekmob
    geekmob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay, what do you mean?
    If you followed your meal plan consisting of 1200 calories per week and burned 500 calories in the whole week then you SHOULD have lost weight. If you did not lose weight, you are doing something wrong. I suggest you look at your meal plan again and fix those numbers because something ain't right. Nutrition is EVERYTHING.
    If you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight
    If you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    geekmob wrote: »
    Okay, what do you mean?
    If you followed your meal plan consisting of 1200 calories per week and burned 500 calories in the whole week then you SHOULD have lost weight. If you did not lose weight, you are doing something wrong. I suggest you look at your meal plan again and fix those numbers because something ain't right. Nutrition is EVERYTHING.

She isn't necessarily doing something wrong (although if she's netting 700 calories like her post reads that's a different story). Weight loss isn't linear, and if the exercise is new it's quite likely she's retaining water that would mask any weight loss.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Okay, what do you mean?
    Calorie counting isn't like counting money. A calorie deficit will result in weight loss over time. Women are especially prone to weight fluctuations due to hormones. If you run what you think is a calorie deficit for a month or two and don't lose weight, then you need to start troubleshooting.

Here's a recent 3 month trend line for me where every day was at or below my calorie goal:

ldivfjpsjy2n.jpg

Weight loss takes time and patience.
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The important thing to remember is you didn't gain it over night you won't loose it overnight. It's taken me two years to loose 40 pounds and still going. I'm no longer on medication and the difference in my energy level is amazing! I dropped four pant sizes in two years. It is a long process but has totally been worth it. I was extremely over weight. Set goals and results won't happen overnight.it takes time but eventually it will happen and don't give up. Just because you don't see results now doesn't mean you won't you have to push past that point. Try unsweetened green tea and sweeten if with some honey. It worked wonders for my metabolism. I started out in a 4x and now I'm an xl and you can to. Add me.
  • Jmbean84
    Jmbean84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Okay, what do you mean?
    Calorie counting isn't like counting money. A calorie deficit will result in weight loss over time. Women are especially prone to weight fluctuations due to hormones. If you run what you think is a calorie deficit for a month or two and don't lose weight, then you need to start troubleshooting.

Here's a recent 3 month trend line for me where every day was at or below my calorie goal:

ldivfjpsjy2n.jpg

This post helped me a lot. I know I should not worry about the scale. But I do. I get upset to even see it go up 1 or 2 lbs even though I know it can fluctuate that much and more in the course of a single day. This graph was an eye opener for me. I need to look at a graph of my long term.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Jmbean84 wrote: »
    seska422 wrote: »
    Okay, what do you mean?

ldivfjpsjy2n.jpg

This post helped me a lot. I know I should not worry about the scale. But I do. I get upset to even see it go up 1 or 2 lbs even though I know it can fluctuate that much and more in the course of a single day. This graph was an eye opener for me. I need to look at a graph of my long term.

Fluctuations are normal... especially for women!!!!

I weigh myself daily (which isnt for everyone) because I like to see how my weight evolves from one day to the next.

For example, saturday mornig I weighed 278. I went on a long walk the same day, burned 1200cal, ended up with a 1000+ calories deficit for the day on top on my set deficit (-1.5/week like you). Sunday morning... 281. Did I do somwhing wrong? Absolutely not. My muscles were healing so I am retaining water. As of this morning it is down to 279.

As everybody said, lots of factors will move your weight up amd down. Keep doing what you are doing. Weigh and log everything, exercise and DRINK a lot and you will loose weight as long as you keep under your set calories/day.

Remember it's a marathon, not a sprint!
  • sgod0905
    sgod0905 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your encouragement, inspiration, knowledge and replies. My diet plan is open to public . Could someone please go through it and help me fine tune it?
    I do not eat meat or fish for religious reasons and am allergic to eggs!!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    9kbs9gg6k9gh.jpg
    Also weightloss. Some weeks I do all the right things, exercise plenty (netting 900 cals a day) and GAIN weight.