Any1 had success on dukan diet

Options
:wink: :smile: Hi every1, just wanted 2 know if any1 out there has had success with the dukan diet? I,m going to give it a shot so any tips would be much appreciated. I have tried everything else counting calories, drinking 2 litres water , zig zagging cals but my weight goes down by about 1 pound then when i weigh myself a week later its back on . LOSING BATTLE!! Giving this diet a try .

Replies

• emmaddy
    emmaddy Posts: 7
    Options
    Cant help much, but my boss at work has tried all sorts to no avail, has been on Dukan for around 6 weeks and lost over 2 stone. Good Luck.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    :wink: :smile: Hi every1, just wanted 2 know if any1 out there has had success with the dukan diet? I,m going to give it a shot so any tips would be much appreciated. I have tried everything else counting calories, drinking 2 litres water , zig zagging cals but my weight goes down by about 1 pound then when i weigh myself a week later its back on . LOSING BATTLE!! Giving this diet a try .

From what I understand it's like a low carb high protein diet. A few months ago I would've said no way. Your body needs carbs. But I went Primal/Paleo this past May and it has done amazing things for me. The extra weight loss was nice but the gut issues, belly bloat, digestive pain IS GONE!!! So I do low-carb, moderate protein, high fat and I'm loving it. I can definitely eat like this the rest of my life. And I don't have to do tons of exercise! Calorie counting is just too stressful. And your calorie burn can really change from day to day. One weekend for me: burned 2500 on Saturday and 1700 on Sunday. That's a big difference. I say go for it.

It's not that carbs are the body's PREFERRED fuel source. It's just that they take PRIORITY because your body has to get your blood sugar levels back to normal. When you take away all those carbs your body turns to your fat storage for fuel.
  • ttheriot
    ttheriot Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Dukan also! I'm very anxious to see some results! Good Luck, and if you want, let me know how you're doing!
    Tina