Cancer treatments weight gain.

Options
I was heavy before the treatment. Now I am super heavy. I need to get healthy! The oncologist says it's hard to lose weight during treatment. Am I just wasting my time with this whole journey? So grateful to be alive but wish I could lose the weight now too.

Replies

• sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I second @vespiquenn

Your case is very specific. Is there any way you can be refered to a registered dietician who will be able to advise you on your needs with both weight loss and cancer treatment?
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from 2 years of breast cancer treatment and I am really heavy now, I put on alot of weight. It sucks I know but it's a small price to pay for your life. When you feel better you can tackle your weight head on and I'm sure you'll win. Weight is nothing compared to cancer xx
  • april111213
    april111213 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow tar2323 that's amazing! I'm going through radiation now. I'm done with chemotherapy and on effexor xr..To control hot flashes. Thank u for sharing your story!
  • april111213
    Options
    Learningtofly13. It is a smal price for sure.
  • april111213
    Options
    Thank u everyone
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going through this. I also gained a lot of weight when I went through chemo. I didn't care at the time though. So much poison in my system, I just wanted to keep my body fueled. When I was sufficiently recovered, then I dealt with the weight issue.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going through this. I also gained a lot of weight when I went through chemo. I didn't care at the time though. So much poison in my system, I just wanted to keep my body fueled. When I was sufficiently recovered, then I dealt with the weight issue.

Exactly. Same thing with me. You can only fight one battle at a time xx