'If Every Day Were Like Today'

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
Is there a way to turn this off? It doesn't motivate me, it upsets me more than anything. I find the app brilliant, but I really don't want this every time I log in.

Replies

• lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I find it very motivating. Sometimes you're stuck and you think "I can't keep doing this" and then you see how far you'll be in 5 weeks when you hit "complete this entry" and it makes the hard work and dedication worth it. I unfortunately do not know how to turn it off. Sorry!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just don't close out your diary at the end of the day.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't 'complete this entry'? It won't post on your feed, but that message won't come up either..
  • Lozze
    Options
    Mine's telling me I'll only be losing 5kg in 5 weeks, which is not good for the start. (especially as my family's over and I need to lose more) Yes I know I need to be realistic, but I can't handle the crap when they come over and see I've put a lot back on.

Brent if I don't put it in, I don't get the credit though?
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The information will be in your log no matter if you hit "complete" or not. The only thing you gain by hitting the "complete entry" button is
    + you get that message
    + it announces that you've completed your diary on your profile/wall
    Many days, I don't complete my entries. I just don't get around to it. It doesn't matter.

If you don't want to see that little red message, then just don't hit the green button at the end of the day.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I very rarely hit the "complete this diary" button. All the data that you have input is still there, you can still run reports on your nutrition intake etc.
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    A few days ago I was at -38 calories for the day (big cycling day). It said "If every day...blah blah blah" I'd weigh 30 lbs less than I did then. WHAT?? I think I'd be dead.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Oh thank you. I thought it didn't have that unless I completed. Thank you!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean? You enter in all your food but just don't click on the "done logging" button. Your calories are still being tracked it just doesn't post to your wall that you finished for the day. You still get credit for logging into the site.
  • PorkyChops
    PorkyChops Posts: 11
    Options
    i have a query on this too if someone can help.

I`ve been averaging 1000 cals under my allowance 5 days in a row now and that warning is saying I should be 7 kilo`s lighter in 5 weeks time.

however last night I ended up only 800 cals under my allowance and this time it said I would be only 5 kilo`s lighter in 5 weeks time.

How come a difference of only 200 calories for 1 day has adjusted the forecast by over 4 pound?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Because if it was the same for the next 5 weeks that's not just one day but 35 days.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Don't forget we're not machines. It isn't 100% accurate. Some weeks you'll lose more, some weeks less.
  • PorkyChops
    PorkyChops Posts: 11
    Options
    I was on the understanding that the site "remembered" all your days, and used that historic info for the 5 week forecast.

I now know that the forecast only goes on the 1 day, the present day of your diary, so now I know why it stated a difference to what it was telling me.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It has told me for the last 2 weeks I'd be 114 pounds if I ate like this every day. When in fact...I've GAINED weight. I think they should trash that part of this application.
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It has told me for the last 2 weeks I'd be 114 pounds if I ate like this every day. When in fact...I've GAINED weight. I think they should trash that part of this application.

That is what happens to me...It always says I will be 5lbs. less and I never am. It's just frustrating...
  • sarad777
    Options
    And I want to scream if anybody else tells me to "eat back my calories". :-)
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    It has told me for the last 2 weeks I'd be 114 pounds if I ate like this every day.

You're lucky. Mine would say "If you eat nothing for the next year you'll weigh 114 pounds!"
  • sarad777
    Options
    I guess you could look at it as lucky, but I'm actually gaining weight. I keep saying it's muscle, but I am not sure...weird.