Keto diet

Is anyone here doing the "keto" diet? I've just completed one week and looking for friends trying it too!!

Replies

• meekayleigh21
    meekayleigh21 Posts: 2 Member
    120/78/21
    Yes! Today is my second day on Keto!!!! It's a little confusing but I'm in a Keto group on facebook and after screenshotting and posting my Keto "Diary"/Daily consumption, they say I'm doing pretty good!!!! Good luck to you! You can add me if you want. meekayleigh21
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Try the Low Carber Daily MFP group. That's where most keto'ers hang out. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member

been at it for a couple months. getting lazy about logging everything, though.
  • watchmeehshrink
    watchmeehshrink Posts: 2 Member
    I am tomorrow will be day 7 for me so far so good.
  • cicimartini
    cicimartini Posts: 8 Member
    I just started keto yesterday. Looking to lose around 45 lbs.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Try the Low Carber Daily MFP group. That's where most keto'ers hang out. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

This! Make sure to read all the information on the launchpad. It has helpful hints and tips to help you and answer questions.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    I did the keto diet and lost 90 pounds.. Now I'm off it but still watching my carb intake, while working out hard to get fit.. I've packed on a few pounds since coming off of it but nothing major, only about 15 showed back up but it hasn't affected me size wise...
    It was a hard road saying no to my favorite foods like pizza, pasta, fresh bread and taters.. I still don't eat pasta and taters, but I do enjoy pizza once a week now!! :) lol
  • mzcandie
    mzcandie Posts: 2 Member
    Good job ,this is inspiring ...thank you for sharing
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Yes! My wife and I are both on keto since the beginning of the year. I've lost around 30 lbs so far and I don't crave sugary junk food anymore and hardly really hungry either. I love this WOE so far. Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • Uwillfeelbetter
    Uwillfeelbetter Posts: 2 Member
    Yes, I started on April 1st. Lost 6lbs so far.
  • Feelx956
    Feelx956 Posts: 14 Member
    Yes today is 2.5 weeks and have already lost 12 lbs. Would love to be friends on here to give advice and motivation.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    I've been on it for 3 months. Anyone can add me if they want to diary snoop :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Yep, last winter I lost 20 lbs on keto. In maintenance I've done some experimenting within the keto and LCHF range to figure out what I want to stick with long-term. It's had a lot of great health benefits for me so I plan to eat this way for life.
  • Mandafaye80lbs
    Mandafaye80lbs Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'll befriend you !!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited April 2017
    Paleo / Keto here. I use Paleo Tribe and Paleo Leap for the recipes. I eat a bit of dairy (cheese, yogurt); I try to avoid carbs (53 grams) / sugar (15 grams); I eat lots of fiber via blended meals.