C25K Running Group

Options

Replies

• aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I know some of you have already started the C25K so I have a question! My calfs are sore from running and are sore a bit when running. I have had shin splints before but I don't think that's what it is this time but am still a bit paranoid about getting them (hah). Logically, to me anyways, it makes sense that my shins would be sore because I've just started running after quite a few years of a break. I am thinking that it is just general muscle fatgiue soreness like the kind that accopanies any exercise. Have any of you have sore legs too??
  • bluefever
    bluefever Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My calves are definatly sore and tight. I think it's just our legs getting use to the impact and movement. A good calf stretch should help.
  • aray379
    Options
    My calves are definatly sore and tight. I think it's just our legs getting use to the impact and movement. A good calf stretch should help.

Okay that's what I was thinking too! Thanks, I figure I'll know when/if I get shin splints.
  • jernigan51
    jernigan51 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Jen and I'm starting at 182.5 lbs.! I've been on MFP for about 60 days and have lost about 17 lbs so far! Can't wait for this challenge and good luck to everyone!
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I know some of you have already started the C25K so I have a question! My calfs are sore from running and are sore a bit when running. I have had shin splints before but I don't think that's what it is this time but am still a bit paranoid about getting them (hah). Logically, to me anyways, it makes sense that my shins would be sore because I've just started running after quite a few years of a break. I am thinking that it is just general muscle fatgiue soreness like the kind that accopanies any exercise. Have any of you have sore legs too??

Invest in some good running shoes! I just bought my first pair last night and just used them about a 1/2 hour ago. What a HUGE difference for me! I felt great during my 30 minute session and after a good stretch I feel even better! Definately worth it - especially if you're joining us on the C25k journey!

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
    fran
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Jen and I'm starting at 182.5 lbs.! I've been on MFP for about 60 days and have lost about 17 lbs so far! Can't wait for this challenge and good luck to everyone!
    Great to have you on board and congratulations on your success so far!

M.:heart:
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    [/quote]
    Invest in some good running shoes! I just bought my first pair last night and just used them about a 1/2 hour ago. What a HUGE difference for me! I felt great during my 30 minute session and after a good stretch I feel even better! Definately worth it - especially if you're joining us on the C25k journey!

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
    fran
    [/quote]
    Hey Fran,

where did you buy your running shoes? I just got a hole in my shoe that I run with (which aren't running shoes), so I am in need of buying some. Does anyone recommend a specific brand?
  • aray379
    Options
    You should go to a store that will fit you for the type of shoe you need. They watch you run and determine your needs. I have pretty good running sneakrs (Brooks and Asics) so I don't think that's the problem, though going to get some Saucony's in august to move to more minimalist running!
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would love to join if I can.. I signed up for a 5K in October and need to kick it into gear!

My SW is 186

Holly :)
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    I would love to join if I can.. I signed up for a 5K in October and need to kick it into gear!

My SW is 186

Holly :)
    Hey Holly!
    Thanks for joining :bigsmile: I just added you to the members list.
    M:heart:
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    BTW, we're only going to run 3x a week right? So it depends when we'll do it?
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options

Hey Psychofied,

Yup. I believe we are going to complete the C25K running plan 3X a week. I personally plan on completing it Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays (to give myself rest days/convenience).

I will be posting a new thread (Week 1 Running Group) and blog (C25K Running Group) Sunday evening :bigsmile:
    It will include the members list, SW, and some discussion ideas!

• psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options

Hey Psychofied,

Yup. I believe we are going to complete the C25K running plan 3X a week. I personally plan on completing it Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays (to give myself rest days/convenience).

I will be posting a new thread (Week 1 Running Group) and blog (C25K Running Group) Sunday evening :bigsmile:

But it's not necessary that we'll have to do it on MWF right?
    Looking forward to it!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options

Hey Psychofied,

But it's not necessary that we'll have to do it on MWF right?
    Looking forward to it!
    Nope, you can do it when it is most convenient for you :tongue:

• CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the C25K program online and am planning on downloading it to my Iphone. I would love to join this group. I will be running on M,W,F.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Please count me in as well, my weight is 154.
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    I just signed up for the C25K program online and am planning on downloading it to my Iphone. I would love to join this group. I will be running on M,W,F.
    Hey Carol!
    Thanks for wanting to joining our C25K group :smile:
    I will be sure to add you to the members list.

• HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Please count me in as well, my weight is 154.
    Hi Alicia :happy:

I will be happy to add you to the members list!

• HeyGrlHey
    Options
    :drinker: ****ATTENTION****:drinker:

Hey Everyone :bigsmile:
    I hope you are all excited to start C25K!

I just wanted to inform everyone that tomorrow, Sunday, I will be posting a blog (C25K Running Group) that people can follow if they want :glasses: The blog will contain information regarding the group (members list, weight, etc.).

Thank you :flowerforyou: for joining me and everyone else on the running journey!

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you're still accepting members, I'd like to join in!

I've been a member of MFP for almost two years now. Initially lost 40 lbs, then got off track a little, gained 10 back, lost 10, gained it back. I've been struggling to find my motivation, but I've decided I have to do it. I need to lose 50-60 more lbs, and REALLY need to get back to a regular exercise routine.

I've been wanting to try Couch to 5k for a long time now -- so now I'm going to do it! I'm lucky enough that my apartment complex has a 24 hour gym on site, so no outdoor running in the icky heat!