Over 30 years old. HGH or no?

Options
Most people know that as we get older the body stops producing HGH. What are your thoughts on supplements that help promote production of HGH? We're not talking shots or anything crazy. Just vitamins that help promote HGH production.

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i was super into ghb in college, but that wasn't exclusively confined to the gym. i didn't know you could get hgh supplements like that legally still.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of any over the counter pills really work, even the shots can be skeptical.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd get your cals dialed in along with a good training program, then if you are not seeing results your thyroid or test might be worth checking into at a reputable place who can give you a good blood screening.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Mama always told me if you eat the right foods you don't need any supplements or vitamins.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My 45 year old cousin recently lost 75lbs. I asked her how, she said HGH. Then she said she eats a VLCD. So, it's not the HGH. :/ I've never heard that HGH does anything just on its own. Still must eat right and exercise!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Real HGH is the best and most synergistic compound that you can take but is illegal in many countries (without prescription) and is extortionate to buy.

Over the counter "boosters" or natural supplements will be a waste of money!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    ^This
    Even if it was legal and cheap, I don't want bigger organs and bones.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    ^This
    Even if it was legal and cheap, I don't want bigger organs and bones.

Whaaaaat? You mean you're not striving for the Barry Bonds head look? I call shenanigans.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's pissing in the wind. Get the real stuff or don't bother is my advice.
  • bluehayan
    bluehayan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm still a long ways out from actually getting serious about taking any. I've still got a long way to cut, but I just thought I'd get opinions from my fellow MFP'ers.
  • Seant456
    Seant456 Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bluehayan wrote: »
    I'm still a long ways out from actually getting serious about taking any. I've still got a long way to cut, but I just thought I'd get opinions from my fellow MFP'ers.

if that's the case man don't even bother with worrying bout HGH, its not worth it... people forget that doping not only increase muscle growth but also increased the growth of internal organs and can also help to entice growth of cancer cells at older ages.... just food for thought.... spend your time training and eating right and avoid the synthetic hormones....
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Rich Piana took HGH for ten years. by his own statements, his head grew larger, his hands grew larger, his feet got bigger and his organs grew and pushed against his stomach. These effects are irreversible.

Look at bodybuilders before and after the introduction of HGH. Arnold and Serge nubret looked like works of art thanks to their steroid use. Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler look like freaks with overgrown extended stomachs and weird proportions. Kai Green looks like a real life Ninja turtle.

Stay away from these drugs. HGH is regulated by a genetic design that took 4 billion years to develop. I don't think gym room Broscience can do any good in messing with nature's design.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    In4 some organ growth.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Not down with supplements and most are unnecessary. I am curious why some of these posts are getting flagged for spam?
  • bluehayan
    bluehayan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Not down with supplements and most are unnecessary. I am curious why some of these posts are getting flagged for spam?

That's actually a great question. I just realized they were flagged. I'm still getting used to MFP and didn't even realize there was a flag button down there.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Because some noob disagrees with the posts and doesn't know how to properly use the flagging system.
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No suppmement will significantly increase hgh enough to be effective. The only way to effectively supplement hgh is with hgh, which is very expensive and cycles are for months to get the benefits. No over the counter products will ever do what aas and peptides will do most over the counter supplements are gimmicks that greedy supplement companies use to feed on dieters
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The only natural way I know of boosting HGH is through fasting, and it's free.

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone-physiology-part-3/