High Protein Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake mixed in almond milk, sometimes water in a shaker cup. Takes 2 minutes to make. Keeps me full for a few hours.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap, gluten sensitive, and keep a Celiac-friendly kitchen. I'm big on eggs and beans.

Cheap, easy, gf, df:
    I make an enormous pot of refried beans, and freeze them in portion-sized wads on parchment paper on a cookie sheet then pop the wads in a ziplock bag. Beans and corn torts are a complete protein, gf/df, filling, and low in fat when you make your own. Buy the corn torts in the 3 dozen pack. Much cheaper.

Put an egg in a small microwaveable lidded container with salsa--1/3-1/2 cup-- and nuke until it is as done as you favor. Smear a liberal amount of refried beans on a corn tort or two, nuke for minute, slip that egg and salsa on top. Whoo hoo! Huevos rancheros!

Beans and rice. The Costa Rican national breakfast "Gallo Pinto."

Tofu veggie scramble.

Peanut butter (or other nut butter) and banana smoothie with tofu. (Way better than it sounds!)

Gf pancakes. Start with 2-3 eggs, then add milk substitute until you get the consistency you want. With PB instead of syrup, a great protein source, and good on the go.

Rice and chicken or leftover meat of any nature.

Also, consider getting your protein at a restaurant suppliy store like Cash n Carry (forget Costco- SO overpriced any more). You have to get large amounts, but you can put it up in portions.

Good luck!