Almost 40lbs.!

Options

Replies

• kelseyjlang
    kelseyjlang Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! What is your exercise and meal plan?
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wow what a difference! What is your exercise and meal plan?

Thanks so much Kelsey! I went into more detail in a previous reply, but my diet consists of mostly protein and I do 3 days of lifting and 3 days of cardio a week
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • nichell88
    Options
    bpp23 wrote: »
    Awesome progress!

Thank you! Gotta keep pushing
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! I've got 40 more pounds to lose and I would love a body like yours. I look A LOT like your before picture. I don't have a gym membership right now, but I've been walking anywhere from 3-6 miles a few days a week and doing a ballet exercise I found on you tube. I've lost 11 pounds in about 3 weeks doing this along with eating a healthy balanced diet. I hope to get a gym membership soon so I can start lifting and using weights.

What type of lifting machines do you do on those 3 days? That's where I am clueless. Cardio I got down but the weights and machines can get overwhelming to me. I've used them before but never had a set workout plan so I just used the same few machines I knew how to do.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow all that in a few months. You do not waste time!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Your belly done run away!
  • jkjcampbell1
    jkjcampbell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • kiariddicktaylor
    kiariddicktaylor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations and continued success!!
  • UGET1LIFE
    UGET1LIFE Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on all your hard work.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!!! Can you share some of your tips with us? What is working for you?
  • nichell88
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    All I can say is WOW!!! I've got 40 more pounds to lose and I would love a body like yours. I look A LOT like your before picture. I don't have a gym membership right now, but I've been walking anywhere from 3-6 miles a few days a week and doing a ballet exercise I found on you tube. I've lost 11 pounds in about 3 weeks doing this along with eating a healthy balanced diet. I hope to get a gym membership soon so I can start lifting and using weights.

What type of lifting machines do you do on those 3 days? That's where I am clueless. Cardio I got down but the weights and machines can get overwhelming to me. I've used them before but never had a set workout plan so I just used the same few machines I knew how to do.

So it depends, but I usually try to do opposite muscle groups. So I'll do biceps and triceps together, for example. I'll use the cables to do tricep push downs but I also use dumbbells abs do tricep extensions. I'll do back and cheat on the same day. For back I do wide grip lat pull downs, underhand lat pull downs, and dumbbell rows for the most part. For chest, I mainly stick with bench press and butterflies. I don't really use cables for chest but I know they're good for that. It really depends on the day but I like to use machines and do drop sets.
  • MelLee851
    MelLee851 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. Would you mind describing what you did to achieve this? Thank you.
  • nichell88
    Options
    Amazing work. Would you mind describing what you did to achieve this? Thank you.

Thank you! I explained in more detail in some earlier posts, but I eat a high protein diet and do 3 days a week of strength training and 3 days a week of high intensity cardio.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    nichell88 wrote: »

So it depends, but I usually try to do opposite muscle groups. So I'll do biceps and triceps together, for example. I'll use the cables to do tricep push downs but I also use dumbbells abs do tricep extensions. I'll do back and cheat on the same day. For back I do wide grip lat pull downs, underhand lat pull downs, and dumbbell rows for the most part. For chest, I mainly stick with bench press and butterflies. I don't really use cables for chest but I know they're good for that. It really depends on the day but I like to use machines and do drop sets.

Thank you for responding. I will be looking up the things you mentioned that I don't know and try them out when I get my gym membership.
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Your hard work shows!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Stand tall! You have every right to sing it out loud! Great job!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Amazing accomplishment!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    AWESOME TRANSFORMATION! you look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!