Not losing weight

Options
kaewi123
kaewi123 Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
hello
i have been using myfitnesspal for about 35 days now eating about 1200 calories per day
im 153 cm and weigh 60 kg
my main goal is to lose weight about 8 kgs
i have been on good calories counting for past 35 days with sme days that exceed the calories but most days im keeping under.
I have also been swimming for 1 hour with moderate effort atleast 3 times a week.
i feel thinner and i look thinner but my weight wont budge !
checked on 2 scales and its the same

Replies

• abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Are you always using a scale to weigh your food?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    35 days is not a long time.

Is the swimming a new routine?

Are you female?
  • kaewi123
    Options
    swimming is a new routine. Started about 1 month ago. Yes im female.
  • kaewi123
    Options
    no i have never used scale to weigh food. most time its from packaging and used the bar code to log it in. If i cook i try to estimate by logging in each ingredients.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Is it near TOM?

Could just be water weight from the swimming masking fat loss.
  • msmusicbrady
    msmusicbrady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're probably building some muscle with the swimming. I'd focus on the inch loss and not focus on the scales. You also may need to weigh out your food so you can accurately track. Are you eating back calories you're burning from swimming? You may also be having too little calories and your metabolism has completely slowed down.
  • MsNnika
    MsNnika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's not just a matter of calories in vs calories out... (The biggest lie ever from the food industry) Anyway, if you are eating a lot of processed foods, that could be the problem. Did you check for sodium and sugar content? Also, the bar code calorie is usually for 100 g (or the oz equivalent) -- be sure to change number of "servings" to match what you are actually eating. Finally -- weighing your food is a good idea! Everything seems to weigh so much more than one would think... ;-) Good luck!
  • MsNnika
    Options
    MsNnika wrote: »
    It's not just a matter of calories in vs calories out... (The biggest lie ever from the food industry) Anyway, if you are eating a lot of processed foods, that could be the problem. Did you check for sodium and sugar content? Also, the bar code calorie is usually for 100 g (or the oz equivalent) -- be sure to change number of "servings" to match what you are actually eating. Finally -- weighing your food is a good idea! Everything seems to weigh so much more than one would think... ;-) Good luck!

Calories in vs calories out is the only thing that matters for weight loss. Science says so.

What I was trying to say was: it matters what you eat, not just how many calories the food you eat contains. Eating 600 calories worth of junk food will affect you differently than a 600 calorie-meal of vegetables, fruit and meat (for example).
  • MsNnika
    Options
    MsNnika wrote: »
    It's not just a matter of calories in vs calories out...

:huh: :noway:

yes, it really is...

What I was trying to say was: it matters what you eat, not just how many calories the food you eat contains. Eating 600 calories worth of junk food will affect you differently than a 600 calorie-meal of vegetables, fruit and meat (for example).
  • svierheilig
    svierheilig Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough try 1400 to 1500 intake of foods
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You have been at it for over a month and your weight won't budge? You're likely eating more than you think. If you 'think' you're eating 'about' 1200 calories, you're likely really eating and drinking 1500-2200 calories/day. A food scale is the best aid in losing weight because you know exactly what your eating. Measuring cups are also great for liquids like milk, oil, and wine. Try weighing your foods. The barcode is convenient but can be inaccurate. Success is easier when you know how many calories you're taking in versus how many you're burning. It really is as simple as that.

Also, what do you do when you're not swimming? If you sit at a desk or in front of a computer/television most of the time, you might have a slower than sedentary metabolism. The secret is to get up and move. Get a fitness tracker and challenge yourself throughout the day. It is totally a matter of calories in vs calories out.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Give it another month 35 days isnt very long.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    kaewi123 wrote: »
    no i have never used scale to weigh food. most time its from packaging and used the bar code to log it in. If i cook i try to estimate by logging in each ingredients.
    Yes I agree with the other users who mentioned the calories from the packaging often does underestimate. I've read a post from a user who mentions it's off by at the minimum 20% (could be more) so be careful with the labels. If you want to get the most accurate numbers using a food scale as others also mentioned wilo help. Some people even weigh food that is in packaged food just to double check the calorie numbers mentioned. So yes you're eating more than you think and once you tighten up your numbers i.e. Buy a food scale and actually use it your numbers will be more accurate.

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    kaewi123 wrote: »
    hello
    i have been using myfitnesspal for about 35 days now eating about 1200 calories per day
    im 153 cm and weigh 60 kg
    my main goal is to lose weight about 8 kgs
    i have been on good calories counting for past 35 days with sme days that exceed the calories but most days im keeping under.
    I have also been swimming for 1 hour with moderate effort atleast 3 times a week.
    i feel thinner and i look thinner but my weight wont budge !
    checked on 2 scales and its the same

If you feel thinner and look thinner, I'm assuming you can now do more (because of the exercise), why is the scale number that important? With your stats, it's going to take awhile to lose 8kg while eating enough to fuel your activity. If you look thinner, you are probably losing fat. And that's the point right? 35 days might be enough to see appreciable difference - on the scale - for someone bigger, but for you, time is your friend.