Need motivation - 5'5 255lbs female

Options
harraquelxo
harraquelxo Posts: 18 Member
Currently doing my best to cut things out slowly. Started a month ago cutting out pop/sugary drinks strictly only drinking water. Then started with cutting out bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. Now doing 30-45mins a day of cardio with light weight lifting. I recently weighed myself for the first time in 10 years. I thought I was around 300lbs but turns out im 255. Just need some motivation my ultimate goal is to be 130-140 with some muscle tone... Anything success stories would help me stay motivated !!! Im currently just eating minimum dairy, meat, veggies and minimum fruits.

Thank you in advance !!!

Replies

• TheRawMama
    TheRawMama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    harcar2016 wrote: »
    Currently doing my best to cut things out slowly. Started a month ago cutting out pop/sugary drinks strictly only drinking water. Then started with cutting out bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. Now doing 30-45mins a day of cardio with light weight lifting. I recently weighed myself for the first time in 10 years. I thought I was around 300lbs but turns out im 255. Just need some motivation my ultimate goal is to be 130-140 with some muscle tone... Anything success stories would help me stay motivated !!! Im currently just eating minimum dairy, meat, veggies and minimum fruits.

Thank you in advance !!!

I am about where you are, but 5'3 and 245lbs. I'd love to see if there are other people in our beginning height and weight range that are now at goal or near goal. Is that the kind of inspiration you need as well? =)
  • harraquelxo
    Options
    Yes I would love to see some transformations ! As well as what they did to get there !
  • joshtgibbs
    joshtgibbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Look up on youtube fatmeetsfire and obesetobeast both are amazing stories
  • TheRawMama
    TheRawMama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    joshtgibbs wrote: »
    You can do it! Look up on youtube fatmeetsfire and obesetobeast both are amazing stories

What about women?
  • driddle1156
    driddle1156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    harcar2016 wrote: »

Thank you in advance !!!

• driddle1156
    driddle1156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 60 years old and 5'5" tall. I started March 11th at 194.4. I had gone to the doctor, which I rarely ever do...because it had been so long since I had blood work, he ordered it. My cholesterol was high, my blood sugar, and of course my weight. I told him that I couldn't understand why my numbers were so high. I don't eat sugar, and had cut out almost anything white, especially white bread. He told me I really needed whole grains in my diet. I followed his suggestion, got some whole grain bread, beans, cut out fried foods, didn't drink soda anyway, and really upped my water intake. I lost 4 lbs the first month. I started doing fitness pal, tracking my calories, and I realized how much I was actually over eating. I found that if I made better choices, with lots of vegetables, lean protein, and my whole grains, just how much food I could really eat. I also started drinking Brags Apple Cider Vinegar, at least twice a day, one in the morning, and before bed. Since then...42 days later, I've lost another almost 10 lbs. as of this morning. Tracking helps so much. Best thing is...I don't have to do without anything, if there's something I want, I just eat enough to stay within my range for the day. The Apple Cider Vinegar, has taken all my cravings away. I haven't been below 180 lbs in over five years, but I'm almost there, and not hungry. I no longer diet, and now realize I can have anything, I just limit my portions. I'm finally enjoying eating. I wish you the best, just don't do without anything you love...just limit it, and you will be successful.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am 60 years old and 5'5" tall. I started March 11th at 194.4. I had gone to the doctor, which I rarely ever do...because it had been so long since I had blood work, he ordered it. My cholesterol was high, my blood sugar, and of course my weight. I told him that I couldn't understand why my numbers were so high. I don't eat sugar, and had cut out almost anything white, especially white bread. He told me I really needed whole grains in my diet. I followed his suggestion, got some whole grain bread, beans, cut out fried foods, didn't drink soda anyway, and really upped my water intake. I lost 4 lbs the first month. I started doing fitness pal, tracking my calories, and I realized how much I was actually over eating. I found that if I made better choices, with lots of vegetables, lean protein, and my whole grains, just how much food I could really eat. I also started drinking Brags Apple Cider Vinegar, at least twice a day, one in the morning, and before bed. Since then...42 days later, I've lost another almost 10 lbs. as of this morning. Tracking helps so much. Best thing is...I don't have to do without anything, if there's something I want, I just eat enough to stay within my range for the day. The Apple Cider Vinegar, has taken all my cravings away. I haven't been below 180 lbs in over five years, but I'm almost there, and not hungry. I no longer diet, and now realize I can have anything, I just limit my portions. I'm finally enjoying eating. I wish you the best, just don't do without anything you love...just limit it, and you will be successful.

I put ACV in my pulled pork I could not imagine drinking it!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have stats similar to yours, though I started heavier and am an inch taller. I've already lost over 25 lbs by just tracking my calories and upping my physical activity. I know you can do it too!
  • harraquelxo
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support ! Its a struggle for me but I am pushing through. I appreciate all the kind words and motivation! Everyone is doing awesome !!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!