Not a Breakfast Person..

Options
Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately I'm not much of a breakfast person, and I can't usually gulp down any real food till after 11, even if I do some heavy morning workouts. I end up piling up excess calories at lunch and dinner instead. Is their anyway to combat this?

Replies

• bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been having great luck taking a chocolate protein shake with some fiber added in for breakfast when I don't feel like eating.
    That gives me some good morning calories, and helps keep me from wanting to eat lots of food when the afternoon cravings tend to arrive. I use the EAS Chocolate protein powder and Yerba Psyllium husk fiber as my morning chocolate cocktail. It tastes pretty good too =)
  • lindsloses40
    Options
    What's the problem? Do you not like breakfast food or are you just not hungry in the morning??

Breakfast is important because it gets your metabolism going for the day. If you're working out in the morning that will get your metabolism going anyway. Can you drink a protein shake after your morning workout?
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    it'll take a few months, but you're gonna have to force yourself to eat something within an hour after waking up. I'd recommend fruit, yogurt, or even carnation instant breakfast/kellogg's protein shakes.

I used to basically gag when I tried to eat in the morning, but after doing the above for a while, I can't WAIT to wake up so I can eattttttt... and eat A LOT.

you could even try eating a little of something that isn't a breakfast food, just eat SOMETHING. over time, you'll start to feel hungrier when you wake up. at least, that's what happened with me.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find I stay a better weight if I don't eat breakfast. I eat mid-morning, lunch, mid-afternoon, dinner, and that's it.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If you cannot eat it, drink it - protein shake, homemade shake (fruits, yogurt/milk)
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    I would say start small and light. Fruit, yogurt some type of protein until your used to eating before 11. I was never a breakfast eater either but I do a bowl of cereal or yogurt and I'm not starving by lunch.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Drink your breakfast! I used to be the same way when I was working out of the home. I ate nothing until lunch. You can make a protein shake or smoothie, or go super basic and have at least a glass of milk in the morning to boost your metabolism.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I always heard that you needed to eat to kick in the metablolism. I used to just drink some milk in the morning before I headed off for a walk or started getting busy. It was the way I told my body WAKE UP, time to start moving and burning. lol