Most filling food < 150 calories?

lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
Hey, I'm looking to tweak some things and looking for ideas. What is the most filling, satisfying food/snack FOR YOU that's under 150 calories? Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

• lost4words_ox
    lost4words_ox Posts: 23 Member
    When I need a Low calorie snack that makes me feel full, I go with nuts (carefully measured to the exact calorie I want... Usually 100-1500) or some instant oatmeal (quarter makes a new steel cut one that's 170 calories. Those usually help me feel full.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2017
    Plain greek yogurt (low fat) with some berries or 1% cottage cheese.

One of my favorite "just need to eat something" choices is about 90 cal of the cottage cheese with some radishes.
  • hollie011
    hollie011 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Turkey Pepperoni ( I pair w/ carrots in chips form)

Cherry Tomatoes & Cucumbers w\ Italian Dressing
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Popcorn!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Definitely air popped popcorn + a non calorie fizzy drink. The combo fills me up like crazy! 4.5 cups of popped corn is a LOT for 150 calories.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Popcorn mini bags (butter light and I like Jolly Time kettle corn when in the mood for sweet)

Slice of Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced, toasted and spread with mashed avocado with a small fruit (like a cutie) or 2% mozzarella cheese stick

Dannon Light n Fit Greek, like the one with Coconut Chocolate Bliss add-ins
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    A can of campbells chicken noodle soup.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    A can of tuna, smidgen of mayo, diced celery, salt + pepper. It's pushing it but I think it could work depending on the size of the canned tuna.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I would probably have some plain greek yogurt with a lot of watermelon or cantaloupe or strawberries. Or slice up a lot of cucumber and tomatoes mix in some lemon juice, pepper, chopped basil and a little bit of mozzarella cheese or cottage cheese.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    A slice of whole grain bread rolled up with a sting cheese inside Or a box of Newmans Own organic raisins.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    For a snack, I like babybel or string cheese since they are packaged to go. Two of them together hits your cal target.

To get filled up, I steam some veggies and combine with some soup. I usually have some leftover in the fridge or freezer. If the soup is high calorie, I may use less and thin it with some hot water and then mix together with the veggies.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    My go-tos are: half a pb&j sandwich (made with 45 calorie bread, 1/2 serving of pb2 and 1/2 serving of jelly) with 7g of a flavored popcorn
    one scrambled egg and 45 calorie toast
    cheese stick and flavored popcorn
    broccoli and sugar snap peas with salad dressing or dip
    cottage cheese with a quarter to a half serving of good preserves
    dry roasted edamame
    package of cocoa roasted almonds (100 cal) and cheese stick (50 cals.)
    wasa crispbreads with laughing cow cheese wedge and sliced turkey on top

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited April 2017
    Maybe 100cal packs of popcorn / kettlecorn. Other times maybe yogurt or jerky or raw veggies.

Whatever it is, it needs 20 - 30 minutes "settling" time from consuming. If i am feeling hungry and need something, and I eat something - almost regardless of what it is - if I can hold off from eating anything else for 25 minutes after a snack, I will usually feel satisfied enough that I don't need to go looking for something else.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    This week it's puffed wheat. I have a bad case of the munchies and I need that dry crunch.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Shredded kale [raw preferred], chopped up strawberries, chopped up almonds (3 will do, don't need much), whole blueberries, sprinkle with a light bit of fat free feta crumbles, VERY light bit of fat free balsamic vinaigrette - I use a raspberry one.

Toss a lil to mix well. I'll throw it all in tupperware, shake it up like *kitten*, and eat from that. Grilled chicken optional, but I recommend not usin' oil to cook it (or use a spray, lightly). You honestly don't need a huge amount of any of the other toppings, they all add well into flavoring the salad.

While I PREFER kale.. Many others would say using many other greens wouldn't work, such as a spring mix. Kale is just my fav for the crunch/bitter compared to the sweet berries.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Cabbage leaf wraps.

Take the whole leaf, add some sliced tomato, sauce (thick works best; mustard, gohan desuyo, light or fat free mayo, thousand island, etc), lunch meat, some egg beaters omelette - southwestern is great. Wrap it up. Add another leaf and wrap around the original wrap.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Simple: two corn tortillas with 1/4 cup homemade refried beans (low fat, using coconut oil for hearty flavor), and a slash of salsa. Rib-sticking, and feels snacky.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Egg drop soup (I just drop a beaten egg into 2 cups of boiling broth)
    Some lettuce (love arugula) with 30g of goat cheese and some mustard and vinegar.
    Cheese stick/mini babybel with an apple or an orange (the small navel ones, not the huge 150 calorie ones, obviously)

I think that's pretty much the only combinations that work for me for less than 150 calories.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2017
    tuna w/pickles, light mayo on toasted bread
    2-4 oz of chicken sauteed in EVOO with peppers and onions
    any kind of veggies or fruits
    a few ounces of baked sweet potato w/salt
    eggs (I eat 1 egg/3 eggwhites several times per week)