How long will it take to lose 15 pounds?

Options
I'm 5'3, 145lbs, female. I want to get to 135-130lbs. I plan to lose 0.5-1 pound a week if possible. Any ideas on how long it will take, and advice on how to lose weight faster? (Tips and tricks?)

Replies

• MarkJones7
    MarkJones7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your plan is perfect there is no benefit to losing faster. The faster you lose weight the more likely you are to regain.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    1lb a week...15 weeks.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    1lb a week...15 weeks.

So about 3 and 3/4 months. Thank you.

I'd lay odds on longer. But at the end - why does it matter? You lose when you lose.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I would guess 4-6 months. If it's faster, fantastic.

Wait, don't you have a thread about being scared to eat? Work on that issue rather than fast fat loss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm confused - as someone trying to give genuine advice in your other thread, why are you asking for advice about having disordered eating and 600 calories a day in one place, and how to lose 15lbs in another?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 145lbs, female. I want to get to 135-130lbs. I plan to lose 0.5-1 pound a week if possible. Any ideas on how long it will take, and advice on how to lose weight faster? (Tips and tricks?)

Methinks you can solve the maths problem.

Your real question is: can you lose faster than 1lb per week. It is possible (no more than 2), but whats the gosh durn hurry?
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You should not worry with losing weight until you learn to eat in a healthy way. Did you say before you only eat 600 calories a day?
  • MarkJones7
    MarkJones7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MarkJones7 wrote: »
    Your plan is perfect there is no benefit to losing faster. The faster you lose weight the more likely you are to regain.

Good to know I got a good plan going. Also, is 135-130 a good weight for my height? (I know it's a little over, but is it still good?)

Everyone is different depends on you one structure, race, muscle mass. FInd a weight based on this number 1 you feel good, number 2 happy with the look. Having extremely low body fat does not mean you are healthy I compete in men's physique competition and at low levels of body fat my hormones are out of whack and I feel terrible the body goes into survival mode. Follow @leenapy_lift on instagram to see my transformation photo.