Should You Exercise the Same Time Everyday?

Options
Rajions
Rajions Posts: 128 Member
Hey I was wondering if it matters if you exercise at different times of the day? I'm doing Insanity so it's 6 days on and rest day is Sunday. I normally do it at 11am everyday but today I didn't get it done so will do it tonight. Will this effect my results doing it different times of the day? Thanks for any advise you may have.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter...you're expending energy...it doesn't matter when that energy is expended.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The only reason it might matter is if you exercise late at night and then early the next day since it might mean you only have a few hours to recover.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no difference save for convenience and, as someone pointed out, you may have less rest time between sessions (which could result in the second session being a bit of a grind). Also, some people can't sleep after exercising, so that might be a factor for you.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter it's a personal decision. Whatever time is best for you that's all that matters. I just finished a round of P90x and my workout time is 6:30 at night for me I'm a night person and it's my best work out time
  • Sindbad1985
    Sindbad1985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with Timothyfish