fighting Diabetis

Options
Morning all I am very new to this (2nd day) anyways I am a type 2 diabetic and I do not want my doctor to increase my meds but yet again. I want to drop some weight and hopefully go off the meds I am currently taking. fingers crossed this is the one that works for me. best of luck to you all

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Good luck! That is a great goal. Do you have any questions about getting started?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome!
  • skhozema
    skhozema Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Mumbai India...Even I am diabetic type 2..To keep sugars control med and exercise has to balance with diet. I burned min 500 to 600 cal which helps to control the sugar and also gives bonus to eat chocolates some time.
  • booo32000
    booo32000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you I do walk at least 6000 steps a day I have been told I have a very slow metablism. both my parents are insulin dependant and both my brothers use pills for their diabetis. I am fighting a very slippery slope.
  • bobo2oscar
    bobo2oscar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Belinda I am new to the group and I have a very high a1c, I am working to get this down and lose some weight to help get control of my life. Genetics is playing a roll in the diabetes and weight gain but I am ready for a change. I have PCOS and the md will not let me try fertility treatment until everything is under control. Thanks for listening
  • booo32000
    Options
    hello Belinda,
    I also have PCOS I have read many articles that say women with PCOS are more likely to become a diabetic.
    I have two wonderful son that i conceived through fertility drugs. stick with it. be strong
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles (low carbers - a way of eating which greatly benefits Diabetics and those with PCOS among other issues) tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was a T2 for a decade, was on Metformin for years, and now in remission from significant weight loss.

I found the meal planning from the ADA to be most helpful.

http://www.diabetes.org/mfa-recipes/meal-plans/2015-04-mp-create-your-plate.html
  • Lisa8179
    Lisa8179 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hello, I too am fighting T2 ..
    weight loss for me has been slow, so I came back to MFP to really track (was using another site, but to complicated)

I have lost 20 pounds since being diagnosed in October 2016
    currently taking 3meds for diabetes and blood pressure meds ( I so want off these)
    October i was 10.2 , in Jan I was 6% a1c, going next month for an update

but recently started taking a supplement called "sugar blocker", its being curbing my appt. but supposed to help with glucose levels . it was like $9 at wal-mart

track every bite that goes into your mouth, it adds up so fast ..
    feel free to add me as well
  • booo32000
    Options
    good luck Lisa8179 I hope you rock your A1C
    my last one was 7.2 doctor wants to increase my janumet but I begged for three months to get it under 7 doctor agreed.
    fingers crossed o:)