not trying to be mean

Options
Ok m f p people,I have a complaint. I am on M F P every day logging in and posting my day weather it was under or not! I get a little annoyed when people log on once a week just to post there exercise that they burned! i d k,be honest if you are going to do mfp than do it! dont come on once a week and broadcast the calories you burned,when you never get on or log your calories for the day. Sorry, just saying!

Replies

• Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If it annoys you...why are they still on your friends list, then?
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    ......and here it goes.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? Why do you care so much about what other people do? In what way does it affect what you are trying to accomplish?

I don't understand.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? Why do you care so much about what other people do? In what way does it affect what you are trying to accomplish?

I don't understand.

agreed. perhaps that is the only time they have computer access... please be kind, you never know what battles people are facing in their personal lives.
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    If it annoys you...why are they still on your friends list, then?

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    I mainly just log my exercise and weight loss plus not everyones diet plan is public some people want to keep that private.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    MFP is like a swiss army knife... so many different tools and so many different ways to use it. Not everyone is going to use every tool on here the same way as you would.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned that is if you have to start of by saying "I am not trying to be mean." You probably are and should rethink saying what you were going to say. This is something I have trying to teach my daughter.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ok m f p people,I have a complaint. I am on M F P every day logging in and posting my day weather it was under or not! I get a little annoyed when people log on once a week just to post there exercise that they burned! i d k,be honest if you are going to do mfp than do it! dont come on once a week and broadcast the calories you burned,when you never get on or log your calories for the day. Sorry, just saying!

not EVERYONE can get on here everyday. maybe they keep tabs of their food and just record their workouts to see the numbers ..... or maybe they dont need to record their food because they already know how much they're eating.
    if it works for them it works for them. it doesnt work for you THEN DO NOT DO IT. do what works for you. and dont complain about what others are doing. ****
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That's the beauty of this site. You can use it as much as you want/need to. We're all different. I don't understand why it bothers you how someone else is using the site. And if it bothers you that much, just remove them as a friend.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500-1.gif
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Can we save everyone the intellectual pain, and get a moderator to put this thread where it belongs? In the "this is bereft of human thought and support, and totally against MFP's point of existence" file?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Can we save everyone the intellectual pain, and get a moderator to put this thread where it belongs? In the "this is bereft of human thought and support, and totally against MFP's point of existence" file?

Hit the Report Post tab
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    MFP is like a swiss army knife... so many different tools and so many different ways to use it. Not everyone is going to use every tool on here the same way as you would.

I like your analogy!
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    ok i really wasnt trying to be mean,and now reading some thoughts from others i can see there point! sorry if i pissed people off,but it was just a thought of mine and i am glad i shared it,so i could see others views on it. I am big enough to say when i am wrong!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ok i really wasnt trying to be mean,and now reading some thoughts from others i can see there point! sorry if i pissed people off,but it was just a thought of mine and i am glad i shared it,so i could see others views on it. I am big enough to say when i am wrong!

There is no right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the title of the thread could have been worded differently.
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    I could understand how it would frustrate you, but I agree delete them. Just keep in mind we are all here for dif reasons. They may possibly only be using this site for that reason. Keep your head up~
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Your opinion is fine, it's just not for the forums. I've seen threads like this crash and burn and really I see why. Post it on a blog! You have a lot of leeway with what you can say.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i dont think its mean. Im one of those people that do not post my food here. i do my exercise. However, i log my food on weight watchers eTools. I like the fitness data base here better. Actually the food too but im counting points not calories. I do however sometimes track both to see how they compare.

I think sometimes we get caught up in what others are doing and we need to just focus on ourselves, Its ok to vent frustrations and i think people are too thinned skinned.

Feel free to say whatever you want. Not everyone will like it and thats ok too.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I'm glad to hear this. Life is too short for you let these little things get to you.