Stretch Marks

Does anybody know if you can get rid of stretch marks? Are they as noticeable after you lose the weight?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Stretch marks fade to silver over time, but they are with you forever. Weight loss might help the appearance of them. I have lots of stretch marks and weight loss made me care about them far less.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    I prefer to call them battle scars and I sport them with honor
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    I have them also, it's a bummer, but I may try to get a tattoo cover up. I also got a bunch from lifting on my biceps and shoulders and heard from other lifters that 'every tiger needs to earn their stripes' so that made it much easier to accept.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    They will fade a little with time. I still have a few stretch marks despite losing weight but they're not as noticeable as they use to be. I have one on my thigh that's purple and hasn't faded all that much and I've started to not mind them so much as I used to!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Stretch marks are just a part of the human body. Both my ex-husband and current husband have them on their backs from when they hit growth spurts in their teens (both being tall), and a lot of people get them as part of growing.

It's better to work on not caring about them than it is to try to find solutions to get rid of them -- because only one of those things is going to happen.
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    this is something that has never bothered me.

As you can't permanently get rid of them, it might be better to just erase it from your mind altogether :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member

My stretchmarks looked exactly like the womans stomach I am posting except on my legs and butt. They were dark, purple and wide. There were hundreds! I went from 98lbs to 180lbs in only 3 months because of antidepressant medication. The only thing that removed them was eating healthy, diet and exercise. No lotion in the world will remove them. The more time you give them the more they fade. The pictures of legs are my legs now. My husband says my legs/butt are his favorite features on my body. Give your body time.

vfah1de96ca5.jpg
    peo0zypb1tzt.jpg
    9tf2izciqzmh.jpg
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    You can't. Just wear them with pride. I've got tons on my tummy, but I'm proud cause it's a lot more impressive to have abs after dealing with obesity and pregnancies so I'm gonna show off my abs and my stretch mark and so should you.

I agree with this poster, they make abs look better, something about them makes a woman look like a bad a** when you see stretchmarks with abs. So fierce looking :D
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    p2lk6smi0eur.jpg
    This is me in a bikini, blonde hair, my friend added a funky filter on image so she looked good... but you would never guess I had a billion stretchmarks.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    You can try cocoa butter. Palmers even makes one that says it helps with stretch marks. I have a ton on my lower stomach, but they are light.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Does anybody know if you can get rid of stretch marks? Are they as noticeable after you lose the weight?
    They are scars, so you can't. As for noticeable, genetics, age, race, and skin tone will usually dictate that. You roll with whatever happens because as mentioned, you can't get rid of them.
    If worse comes to worse, you can get camouflage creams (used on lots of models and actresses to hide imperfections), but again they are just temporary.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png