Gym pants "rolling over" in Workout

Options
So, I have a random questions which I am sure I can't be the only girl with this issue.

I bought new gym pants, as I lost some weight, now, they stay up great during warm up and light lifting, but once I get into a real WOD, they seem to roll at the waist making me have to stop to pull my pants up and then I get self-conscious that my belly shows ( LOL #firstworldproblems). Anyone else have this and have any tips for making pants stay in place !!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Time for new pants :)

I wear higher waisted workout capris but I probably hike my pants up between every single set. Either up or down. Not sure if it's out of necessity or habit.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ok, yah, one pair, I wore really high and they were ok, but these are new pants !!! and its get pricey buying new pants all the time :P
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Oh I know. Plus it's a bummer when it's a pair you like and can't find the next size down. I bought close each time I dropped a size. Not an entire wardrobe and I know it's not possible for everybody.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Out of the 6 or so brands I have tried, I find my Old Navy high waist compression capris are the only ones that don't roll down during workouts.
  • nikkerbob
    Options
    thanks, so the one pair that stayed was from Old Navy lol, so, from now on, I think I will make sure I get more "high waist" ones for sure !!

Thanks !!!!!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I make sure I get a large enough size that there is no tugging when I bend over. I must have 15 dang pair of capri pants, and most of them came from Target, Marshal's or TJ Maxx. CHEAP!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The only pants I haven't had creep on me have been from Fabletics, compression & high waisted. I have tried Nike, Old Navy, Gap, Lululemon, the works! I am glad I am finally not having to hike my pants up all the time!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    GRRRL pants- stay up- 100% of the time.
    I also wear MPG - I think you can purchase them on line- but I get mine at TJMaxx- they are great.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Either get something high wasted, or make sure they aren't too tight. I have only had things roll when they were a bit too small.
  • nikkerbob
    Options
    Thanks guys !! been helpful, I didn't think they were to tight, as they fit well, or I thought they did, but this all lifting heavy and issue is new to me, !! thank you for all the comments and help !!!!
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    alheise12 wrote: »
    Out of the 6 or so brands I have tried, I find my Old Navy high waist compression capris are the only ones that don't roll down during workouts.

Agreed.
  • nikkerbob
    Options

Agreed.

Thank you !!! The high ones do work good on me, I think I thought cause they are tight but fit , doesn't mean when working out they "fit" lol #firstworldgymproblems !!! lol
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Agreed.

...runs to Old Navy website. Thanks!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    when my running leggings started getting loose on the waist, i cut 2 holes in the waistband at the front and inserted an elastic piece of rope (like sweatpants have). Now i can tie the ropes in the front, and nothing falls down.Saved me some money this way.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    My workout tights are all from ON. The high waisted ones I got for lifting always roll down on me. I thought they would support my midsection, but nope, they just roll down under my belly and annoy me. Their running tights make me happy though. They are midrise, so I get gut overhang, but they also have a drawstring so they stay put. I just wear a long shirt with them and make myself get over being self conscious.
  • nikkerbob
    Options
    My workout tights are all from ON. The high waisted ones I got for lifting always roll down on me. I thought they would support my midsection, but nope, they just roll down under my belly and annoy me. Their running tights make me happy though. They are midrise, so I get gut overhang, but they also have a drawstring so they stay put. I just wear a long shirt with them and make myself get over being self conscious.

see !! you know my pain lol !!!!!!!!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Victoria's Secret are my favorites. Both go on sale on a regular basis so watch for deals.
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh man. The Victoria secret ones are the only ones that stay up for me--I only have one pair because they are $$ and I got them on sale (bra and pants for $45!). I also like that they're thick. Waiting for another sale to pick up a new pair but I think I'll have to try Old Navy too since you guys are raving!