Trying to lose 30lbs in 11 weeks! Dear God somebody offer advice!!

Options
Hi guys! I'm trying to lose 30lbs in 11 weeks and I'm dying here. Reason for the extremely quick weight loss is that I'm getting married in July. My dress came in last week and it didn't fit which was expected since I ordered it 2 sizes too small. (It was the only size left and I loved the dress) We'll anyways, I didn't realize there was such a size difference within brands so the dress was suppose to only be 4inches small and well..it's 6 inches too small for me.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Spanx are great. Alterations are another possibility. 30 pounds in 11 weeks not so much of a possibility.

Let's math..........

30/11 = 2.72 pounds per week. That's a 2.72 x 3500 / 7 = a 1,360 calorie deficit every day.

My TDEE is 2218 calories with moderate exercise (5'5"....older than you I'm sure): http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

So if I eat 2218 - 1360 = 858 calories .....I'm set (for awhile). One problem is moderate exercise on 858 calories?
    Another problem is as I become smaller that 2218 keeps getting lower and lower. 858 calories is dangerous. Not enough food for me to meet basic nutritional guidelines.

On the up side - if you do a low carb diet for several days before your wedding you can drop several pounds of water weight (which will come back when you eat carbs again).
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do the Keto diet and stick to it. Its not for long term, but, people have fast results on that :smile:
  • SusanHill6
    SusanHill6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Look up FIt for Life. I had to drop a few lbs in short amount of time, and it worked! But, it is really a life change that will keep the weight off. Fit for Life is mainly vegan.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    nikkerbob wrote: »
    Do the Keto diet and stick to it. Its not for long term, but, people have fast results on that :smile:

OP - This ^ is the water weight I referenced in my post.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    30lbs in 3 months :o That's nearly 3lbs loss each and every week. If you can do it, its not going to be healthy and you are going to be fatigued, hungry, angry and cranky in addition to the wedding stress. I would seriously consider going to have the dress altered to fit you and then take it in if need be. How did you equate 30lbs as being able to fit into the dress?? I lost 48lbs and I have only came down 2 regular dress sizes the 3rd sizes is still too snug, so it makes me nervous that even if you were able to lose the 30lbs that the dress may not fit? Yikes... good luck girl wishing you the best.
  • feleciag09
    feleciag09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive cut my calorie intake 50% which I realize isnt healthy but trying to do what I can. Im usually super hungry a couple hours after dinner with no calories to spare so I dont eat. My daily intakes about 1000-1100. Can I exercise on that? Maybe a mile walk each day?
  • RedSquadronLeader
    RedSquadronLeader Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How do you figure 30 lbs? You may lose enough inches to fit into the dress (with maybe some help from shapewear) without losing that much. I'd say your best bet is to follow a ketogenic diet (depending on your starting size, you'll lose 5-15 lbs the first week from water and depleting glycogen), do some resistance training, and walk a lot. Don't eat a lot of bloat-causing foods (artificial sweeteners that aren't digested are a big culprit here, among others -- check out the low FODMAP diet), drink a ton of water, and if following keto make sure you're getting enough salt because you lose more of it on a low-carb diet.

Also, start looking for good shapewear and have someone that can do alterations if needed. I think it's probably not realistic to expect to lose enough to totally comfortably fit into it as-is in that short a time frame, but you can probably get close and have to do fewer alterations.

Good luck!
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/1/17 and am in a challenge on MFP to lose 40 pounds by the end of May.
    In 15 weeks, I have lost 31.5 pounds. There are a couple of other ladies that lost 30 in 14 weeks on the challenge.
    My goal is losing a total of 75 and then reassess, so as you can see, it is a pretty steep goal to lose in 12 weeks. Is there any chance that the dress can be let out a little? Any chance of a different dress?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Possible but not probable. Still, if you do keto the whole time, you might get close enough.
  • feleciag09
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    30lbs in 3 months :o That's nearly 3lbs loss each and every week. If you can do it, its not going to be healthy and you are going to be fatigued, hungry, angry and cranky in addition to the wedding stress. I would seriously consider going to have the dress altered to fit you and then take it in if need be. How did you equate 30lbs as being able to fit into the dress?? I lost 48lbs and I have only came down 2 regular dress sizes the 3rd sizes is still too snug, so it makes me nervous that even if you were able to lose the 30lbs that the dress may not fit? Yikes... good luck girl wishing you the best.

Well last year I was dieting and lost 28lbs and it brought me down 2 dress sizes so I figured id be good with 30 :/
  • feleciag09
    Options
    I started on 1/1/17 and am in a challenge on MFP to lose 40 pounds by the end of May.
    In 15 weeks, I have lost 31.5 pounds. There are a couple of other ladies that lost 30 in 14 weeks on the challenge.
    My goal is losing a total of 75 and then reassess, so as you can see, it is a pretty steep goal to lose in 12 weeks. Is there any chance that the dress can be let out a little? Any chance of a different dress?

No chance of a different dress but I do have someone to do alterations if need be. The problem with that as it stands now is that itll need more fabric in the back. Thats just embarrassing to me so dont want it altered now. Im thinking that if I lose the 30lbs itll fit without alterations and if I lose about 20 we'll just have to add a corset back and let the corset handle the rest. But I really really want to lose as much as humanly possible. I did lose 3lbs last week so im feeling hopeful to atleast make it to 20
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think the 20lb goal with the corset back is the way to go. The weeks leading up to your wedding will be stressful enough without having to be hyper-vigilant about your diet. For what it's worth, I have lost 32 pounds in 3 months exactly. However, I'm still almost 30 pounds away from my dream weight, so I had quite a bit to lose, a lot was bloat, and so it came off relatively quickly. I am pretty strict about logging and very rarely go over my 1200 goal. Not intentionally on a low-carb plan, but I tend to choose that way when planning and it's been working. So depending on your stats, it can be done.. but i think planning on it might be setting yourself up for failure, and I'd commit to the corset back now. Plus, there's no guarantee that even if you achieve the 30 lbs the dress would fit. My 30 pounds brought me from a tight 12 to a perfect 10. Corset backs are beautiful anyway! Congrats and good luck!
  • tides57
    tides57 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you want to look thin on your wedding day or do you want to look beautiful? Because starving yourself will put all kinds of unhealthy stress on your body's systems. I tried it for a big event, many years ago. My skin broke out and started to look sallow. My hair lost its bounce and shine. My nails became flaky and brittle and split when I tried to file them. I didn't lose very much weight either (nowhere close to 30 pounds) before the hunger overcame me. I couldn't sustain it and the weight piled back on in no time flat. Go with the extra fabric and talk to your photographer about flattering angles and lighting. Your memories will thank you. Until the Big Day, and for ever after amen... just eat nutritious food in portion-controlled amounts. Don't panic, don't stress. Enjoy being a bride-to-be and a bride!
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    This is your wedding. Let go of the unrealistic goal and the unhealthy patterns you are putting in place to get there. Get the dress altered, adopt some healthy eating habits between now and then and just try to be happy before you get married!

Do you really want to starve yourself into a dress? Is the DRESS why you're doing this? I don't think so... But this pattern will have you collapsing in exhaustion and upset before it'll see you healthy.

I wish you joy and happiness in your planning!
  • BlueHorse8
    BlueHorse8 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I lost my first 40 pounds in just over 4 months (Jan 3- April 9). It will take motivation, determination, self-discipline and most importantly calorie deficit with alot of exercise. Don't eat back your exercise calories; I don't and it was recommended by my doctor when losing weight. Don't let anyone tell you it cannot be done.