You look great! You should be so proud!
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work!
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous, splendid work!!!
  • MelLee851
    MelLee851 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would you mind describing your HIIT routine? How long do you do HIIT for on your cardio days, and how do you break down the high intensity/ rest intervals?

And you said you do steady state cardio on your weight days, what do you do and how long for?

I'd love to organise my meals for the week on the weekend like you do, would you mind explaining a bit about what a 'typical' days food looks like for you?

Thank you for inspiring me.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! :)
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Omg, I typed a whole thing then it didnt post! idk what happened :(

Anyway, I started out in December running on the treadmill at about 5.3mph and walking at 4mph for my intervals. I did them for a minute and a half a piece for 30 minutes, and this killed me. But once it started getting easier, I bumped the run speed up to 5.7mph but adjusted the intrevals to 1 minute running and 2 minutes walking just to ease into it. I always walk at 4.0mph. Then I bumped it back up to the 1:30/1:30 split at the same speed. I continued as such, increasing the speed and adjusting the interval split. When I got to 8mph running, I did 30s running and 1:30 walking, which was not as challenging. I stayed at the 1:30/1:30 split for about 2 weeks or more I think with this speed because it was super hard. Im currently running at 8.6 for 1 minute and walking for 2.

When I do steady state after lifting, I run for a mile on the treadmill at 6mph (10 minutes) then walk for 10 minutes at 3mph to cool down. Then I usually do a light bike or elliptical workout for 30 minutes, just an easy pace.

A typical day for food for me consists of a cup of light and fit fat free greek yogurt (caramel apple pie is my favorite flavor) with half a serving of unsalted peanuts and an atkins protein shake for breakfast. Lunch is either a salad with grilled chicken or a turkey sandwich on a wheat flat (100 calories total for the bread) with hummus. I will often add precooked shrimp to my salad or eat shrimp cocktail on the side of my sandwich. Dinner consists of lean protein (i stick with chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, and pork loin mostly) with a veggie and a Premier protein shake. Throughout the day, I drink two scoops of whey protein with water. And for snacks I have protein bars, string cheese, beef jerky, P3 protein packs, and maybe some other stuff. I used to have a cheat meal every other saturday but I adjust that to a cheat item every wednesday. I cook all of my food on the weekends and plan my days out in mfp in advance. So if you were going to go to my diary right now, I know what I will be eating through Easter Sunday.
    Would you mind describing your HIIT routine? How long do you do HIIT for on your cardio days, and how do you break down the high intensity/ rest intervals?

And you said you do steady state cardio on your weight days, what do you do and how long for?

I'd love to organise my meals for the week on the weekend like you do, would you mind explaining a bit about what a 'typical' days food looks like for you?

Thank you for inspiring me.

• birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You can see a tremendous difference!
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Looking great!
  • nichell88
    Options
    birdtobe wrote: »
    Nice work! You can see a tremendous difference!

Thank you! I've been working hard
  • nichell88
    Options
    Ladina1990 wrote: »
    You are such an inspiration! Looking great!

Thank you so much!
  • MelLee851
    MelLee851 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Appreciate the time you took to write this out. I'm going to follow this regime from now on. I want to look like you!
  • nichell88
    Options
    MelLee851 wrote: »
    Thank you! Appreciate the time you took to write this out. I'm going to follow this regime from now on. I want to look like you!

Haha, well everyone is different, so it will work or it won't. But I can certainly attribute my success to being mentally focused on reaching my goal and pushing through when tired or worn out, so I think that piece can be attributable to everyone. On my HIIT days I also do hills on the stationary bike. I walk for 5 minutes to warm up and 5 to cool down. But I've done other things outside of diet and exercise as well. I created a vision board, I do tons of research, and I've developed a core group of supportive people with whom I check in daily.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing :)
  • nicoleexo2015
    nicoleexo2015 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look great and you don't even have any stretch marks. I'm most definitely a tiger with a lot of stripes lol
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's a stunning transformation for 4 months! You're my hero! B)
  • nichell88
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »
    That's a stunning transformation for 4 months! You're my hero! B)

Aww thanks, haha
  • Krystasfocused25
    Krystasfocused25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!!! Keep going! You look great!
  • nichell88
    Options
    Awesomeness!!! Keep going! You look great!

Thank you
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing what you've been doing. You have had amazing progress, earning it all the way!! Rock on and keep on the good fight!
  • amiraammora
    amiraammora Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Thanks for the motivation
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!