My First Picture

Options
Well its been 33 days since I started using my exercise bike again. Then I found MFP app a few weeks ago. It has now become a everyday routine for me to use both. I have lost a total of 17 pounds so far. I know they say you should feel better when you loose weight. I did for a few days, but now I feel like I'm dying or a truck hit me. I've been very tired. I just hope this is part of the process in loosing the weight and exercise. I did get the "ok" from my doctor to start the exercise bike. Maybe I'm just doing it too much. I was biking 40 to 50 minutes twice a day. Now i can just get 30 to 35 minutes if I'm lucky. And talk about hunger pains they are the worst now. Is that normal as well? I really do love riding the exercise bike. And now when the heat index here is over 110 I wouldn't last 2 minutes biking outside.

6-21to7-232011481x320.jpg

Replies

• Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    wow u are looking great.. :) I should start using the bike more often :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    So glad you've gotten on the bike. Congrats on your progress so far. I'm thinking that maybe you are dehydrated, or not eating enough to give your body the energy it needs for those two long workouts. However, I can't see your diary to be sure. After exercise you should net AT LEAST 1200 calories a day, which means you'll need to eat more to make up for the exercise. Are you giving yourself a rest day every 5 or 6 days to let your muscles recover and rebuild?
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    If you are feeling extremely tired I'd up your food a bit! :) Zig zag it around til you find something that works.
  • rwroble1
    rwroble1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Try resting. You've shocked your body and it needs to recover. If you are feeling tired all the time, check your diet and sleep. Reduce your time on the bike and try something a little different.

Good luck
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Riding twice a day for that much time seems like alot. I would probably say 45-60 minutes a day is enough. It is a lifestyle change, it may take longer to lose the weight but you will have time to do other things you enjoy also. You are doing a great job , keep it up. :)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hunger pains are not good. Listen to your body. If you're hungry, eat a snack with less than 300 calories that has healthy fats, complex carbs (fiber is SO filling), and lots of protein. Make sure the portion is correct and eat it very slowly with a glass or two of water. I recommend a slice or two of whole-grain (I like Orowheat Health Full) bread with some mustard and pickles and 2-3oz of deli turkey or chicken, a slice or two of whole-grain toast with 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter, a banana with peanut butter, soy nuts and vegetables (baby carrots, cut-up bell peppers, sugar snap peas, celery if you like it), or a very controlled portion of natural tortilla chips (I like Food Should Taste Good) with refried beans. My daily routine is to have a filling breakfast (nonfat Greek yogurt--Fage 0%, Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal, and a piece of fruit cut-up, with coffee) and then follow it with these snacks every 3-4 hours. If I earn more calories from exercise, I'll have more of a "real" dinner (although there are many options for 300-calorie dinners; my family just likes to add sauteed vegetables and salad, which is a good idea, but the olive oil and dressing calories add up). I'm sometimes hungry but I think my goal is too low anyway and I'm going to switch it to a higher one tomorrow--once I'm netting 1440 instead of 1200 I know I won't be hungry hardly ever. Hope this helps!
  • Danelectro83
    Options
    way to go man, keep it up. its always nice to see before and after pic from real people, not like the ones you see on TV and i just dont trust them.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow I couldn't see the after picture when I first opened this! Congratulations, the difference is amazing!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Did your Dr check your levels?? I know that being low in testosterone can make you feel like you've been "hit by a truck". I've heard it's fairly common.
    You look GREAT!!
    Hope you start feeling better.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    WOW..!! Great job, keep up the good work!!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    amazing job! you look GREAT! i wanna say congrats on your progress and all the hard work you're putting into this. it's amazing.

EAT MORE. make sure you sleep enough. and drink a TON of water.

fiber. protein. protein protein!
  • EJsMom310
    EJsMom310 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Keep up the good work... you won't be tired for long! :) I hope I look as good as you do when I finally post some body-shots.
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    The progress you are making is AWESOME!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Great job!!!!! You can see a HUGE difference!!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation. You look great! Huge difference!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ok we all have those moments and it it really good to change your routine up too, I know that I can only do about 30 days of the same thing and I get bored my muscles say really why don't you work somebody else, so I do I choose a different format I just added hiking to my routine, but you can add DVDs or walking, basketball swimming, there are so many options don't give up when you have come so far!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello, I can sure tell a differance! You're doing great. If you feel hungry, try drinking some wter and than if the pains start again go ahead and eat a snack. Good Luck!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!keep up the good work!
    jane
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    you look great - keep it up
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far...the differences are very visible.

The symptoms you're describing tell me you need more food. The suggestion of 300ish cal, good fats, complex carbs, and lots of protein is an excellent one. I like grilled and seasoned chicken, with a spinach salad, including mozzarella and greek yogurt ranch, or cottage cheese ranch.

Anyhow, again...awesome work! You should be very proud of your choice, and of sticking to it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!