Need help.

Options
Hello, I'm 5'3 180lbs with a goal of 130lb. And i just need help. I try to count calories but just end up eating too many or too little. Breakfast is not an option so i usually grab a meal replacement shake. Im a hairstylist and dont usually take breaks for lunch but i do always take something with me usually soup/chicken,veggies/etc. Try to drink water at work. But sometimes too busy to drink/eat. Work 10-12 hour days on average. Come home eat dinner usually healthy but large. And fall asleep on the couch till time to go to bed. Im usually too tired or physically exhuasted to do much else. Trying to break my addiction to soda/sprite, no caffeine. But sometimes id rather have soda than food. I dont know i just need help and dont know where to start.

Replies

• New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Meal prep
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, how long have you been at this? What is your weight doing in this time?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I see you have only been a member for a few days.
    Have a read of the 'sticky' threads at the top of each sub-forum. They should guide you on your way- chock-a-block full of great advice and guidance.

Take baby steps and tackle one thing at a time. Accurate logging skills eating what you normally eat, no deficit, is a great place to start.

Cheers, h.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've found focusing on macros (fat, protein and carbohydrates) instead of calories helps me, I try to eat more protein and fat than carbs but I'm quite casual with it, just looking at the proportions than trying to reach a certain number. I make sure I'm full and don't deny myself things and I've been able to stick to it the last week or so.

I've struggled to find what works for me for so long, just keep trying different approaches, you'll get there :)