25-30 year olds looking to lose 50pounds

Options

Replies

• musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Looking to lose 40. :)
  • acfall
    acfall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is me. I at one point had about 80 to lose. I'm down to only having 40-50 to lose.

It's the weekends that kill me, going out with friends, or a dozen other unplanned things. Anybody else having that experience?
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes! Weekends are the worst! They're the only days that I'm actually home with my kids - and my 6 year old step daughter is THE pickiest eater. We wind up eating uber processed crap because it's easier than fighting with her at every meal. I've been struggling in general lately because of the stress from an upcoming move. Last week, weighed in under 200 2 days in a row then the last 3-4 days the scale has been going the wrong way.

I know I need to cut myself a little slack, pick myself up, brush myself off and get with the program. But as I'm sure you all know, that's a heck of a lot easier said than done.
  • zakiyaabdul
    zakiyaabdul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It may seem late but I will be joining this challenge as well.
  • aferr12
    aferr12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    naomillion wrote: »
    aferr12 wrote: »
    I'm so fed up with myself. I haven't fully logged in here (despite what mfp says lol) and I've only gained weight. I am so sick of being fat! Every day is the same thing: wake up, tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy and log my food. I never do. Why? Because this is *kitten*. I know that I love food and have an unhealthy relationship with it. I don't know how many times I need to relearn this lesson before I'm guilty of it again-that for me, that I need to fill this empty void with something meaningful, not with food. Also, I need to meal prep to avoid all of my potential pitfalls and I need to keep myself accountable by logging on mfp. I am sooo sick of being fat and unhappy. When is this going to end? Will I ever lose weight? Uggghhh.

Some ideas for becoming happier:

Read
    Learn something new
    Exercise
    Volunteer

What are some revelations you've had lately?

I know the struggle, dear! Food is so very addictive for me as well, sadly. I should try meal prepping. Never done it because I like to vary what I eat and feel like I then would have to eat the same food all week. But I am pretty sure, it would make my life a lot easier :smile:

My biggest struggle I had lately was being patient with myself. I realised that whenever I get really upset and disappointed after going over my calorie goal (resulting in getting way to hard on myself) usually is when I am being very impatient and wanting to reach my goal weight asap. So I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a sprint and it may take all the time in the world. And that it's ok to fall off the waggon as long as I get back at it. Weight loss is about so much more than losing fat. It is about getting confronted with who I am, overcome my fears and struggles and learn and grow.

Also in addition to your great happiness list: I love the impact of a gratitude journal or diary. Really helps getting into a positive and grateful mindset :blush:

I think talking about your ups and downs and experiences is the best way to reach for support and help, stay accountable and help others with the same struggle. So you get a big thumb up for that! Don't give up!

Thank you :smile:
  • alesiahinds
    alesiahinds Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I also have Fitbit.
  • alesiahinds
    alesiahinds Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add 36 and 45 to loose
  • christineghrayche
    christineghrayche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 28 and hoping to lose 20kg (40 ish pounds). Add me :)
  • krist_krau
    krist_krau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hei-ho!

Joining the bunch! :) I am 28 and need to get healthier.
    I am on my way to lose smth between 15-20 kg. I started out strong in the beginning of year but it all started to shake when my best friend came to visit me and of course, we ate out a lot, drunk wine and other drinks. I realized that after a week, I gained more or less 3kg, which was super sad for me. Since then I haven't got far, but now I feel motivated and good about it again.

Right now I weight ~91kg and my first BIG goal is to get to 84,9 (so I am under 85 :D). I have proved myself that I can do it because before my best friend's visit I was 87 kg. When I started to lose weight, I was ~97 kg and thought that hell no, I will never get under 90. It's impossible. Well, it's not. :)

I also noticed that even though I live on healthy side, I need to count my calories quite strictly as I lose weight the best when I do that. So really crossing fingers for the success once again :)
  • cyanfIower
    cyanfIower Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd bump this thread since it fits my demographic pretty much exactly. Hello! I'm 25 but I turn 26 this year.
  • L0Lnikki
    L0Lnikki Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll be 24 in August & want to lose 40-50ibs before new years! This doesn't count what I've already lost. I enjoy seeing others succeed & it motivates me to do more. Losing weight will help me achieve much more than a healthy body!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I'm 30 and need to lose 45 lbs
  • That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Nicole. I am 34 and need to lose 35lbs
  • cyanfIower
    cyanfIower Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm starting to notice subtle changes in my body. My waist looks more tapered (really subtle tbh), and my jawline is (again subtle) a bit sharper now. I haven't weighed in yet, but regardless of what I weigh, this is encouraging to see.
  • That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    cyanfIower wrote: »
    I feel like I'm starting to notice subtle changes in my body. My waist looks more tapered (really subtle tbh), and my jawline is (again subtle) a bit sharper now. I haven't weighed in yet, but regardless of what I weigh, this is encouraging to see.

Congrats !!!
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kaity and I'm 27 looking to lose about 50 pounds... hopefully I can lose at least 20 of those by my wedding in a little more than 3 months
  • KeepOnMovjng
    KeepOnMovjng Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25 and looking to lose 70. Feel free to add me
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here I go again starting from scratch anyone wanna join me? Send me a msg :) accountability buddies help so much!
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would love that!!
    I’ve lost 21 pounds so far but still have about 41 pounds left. Started in June
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I started out with 70 lbs to lose and now have only 31 more to go! I’m hoping to reach my goal weight by sister-in-law’s wedding in May which might be a little tight. I’d also be happy to reach it by my birthday in July.

I’m always happy to add new friends :)