GNC Lean Shake 25

Options
Hi ya'll! I started taking GNC Lean Shake 25 mixed berry 2 days ago and I have a few questions for those who have stuck with drinking them.

1. I replace breakfast and lunch OR dinner with them so everyday at least 2 meals replaced with a shake. I eat sensible snacks between I.E Raw Cut Red Pepper, Bananas, Grapes, Wheat Thins. Is this the best way to go about it?

2. I also work out 1-2 times a day, each about 200 -300 calorie burn sessions.

3. I am looking to drop 20 lbs in 70 days for a BIG trip to LAS VEGAS - does this seem possible with my plan?

4. How much weight did you lose drinking the shake alone or with working out as well?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Besides being a very poor quality shake according to independent testing: https://labdoor.com/review/gnc-total-lean-shake

You are talking about averaging 2 lbs a week. If that is a fairly recent photo, it might be difficult to achieve. Generally 2 lbs a week is for those who are obese. So I am not sure if you can lose that much fat in that period of time. Generally .5-1% of your body mass per week is ideal.
  • Keriann23
    Keriann23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 175 i am obese based on my size, i have a thin face wide body. I am only 5'2" and my BM is 32 so i am obese.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Keriann23 wrote: »
    I currently weigh 175 i am obese based on my size, i have a thin face wide body. I am only 5'2" and my BM is 32 so i am obese.

Then it's plausible that you may lose that much. Although, I'd definitely keep protein higher (100-120g per day) and make sure you are incorporating resistance training. This will support muscle retention and help you concentrate on fat loss instead of just weight loss.

If you get close to your event, you can cut carbs to reduce glycogen/water storage to help you get there. And get spandx.

ETA: You don't need the shake, you can do it with food, which will probably keep you full longer.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Keriann23 wrote: »

Okay 2 pounds a week is for those >75 pounds overweight. So even if you manage to lose 2 pounds a week for a couple of weeks.....you're quickly into the 1.5 pounds a week range, and then move into the 1 pound a week range. In other words weight loss tapers down as you become smaller. So a 2 pound a week AVERAGE isn't likely.

My experience with meal replacements......did them for as long as I could stand it. Lost weight, but learned nothing and gained all the weight back. Most people who lose weight will regain it. In my opinion logging and measuring your regular foods will teach you about your current eating habits. Changing these habits will help you keep the weight off. Meal replacements are just temporary quick fixes. Have a maintenance strategy in hand before you get to goal.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My bf manages a GNC and gets these at a really good deal so I usually drink one a day. I don't use it as a meal replacement though, I just like the taste of Snickerdoodle so I have it as a bedtime snack with whatever other calories I've hoarded for post dinner foodz lol I find them filling but I would probably die if I had to replace a meal with that. They CLAIM you lose more on the label (which is a flat out lie, I'm sure they manipulated the data for that 'study") Having them or not makes absolutely no difference. If you like the taste and you could use 25g of protein go nuts, but this isn't your magic bullet.