Frustrated!!!

Options
:explode: Ok so I am so supposed to be 5 lbs lighter by this Friday!!!! It was my personal goal. UHG! I would just like to see the numbers go down. I know all the reasoning behing dieting and muscle vs fat etc...etc...etc...however a pound or two would be pleasant :happy:

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    :explode: Ok so I am so supposed to be 5 lbs lighter by this Friday!!!! It was my personal goal. UHG! I would just like to see the numbers go down. I know all the reasoning behing dieting and muscle vs fat etc...etc...etc...however a pound or two would be pleasant :happy:

dd
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Just stay on track and keep drinking your water.:drinker: Remember -5 by Friday is a goal, something you are striving for. It doesn't mean you've failed if you don't reach it. Failure would be quiting.
    Just keep trying, you'll get there eventually. :smile:
  • shabby4
    Options
    I feel your pain zenmama!

I was hoping to get down to 175 by Valentine's Day...but alas, I can't seem to break 180.

When I feel this frustrated a great and wise movie line comes to mind. "Just keeping swimming, just keep swimming." - Okay, so maybe Finding Nemo isn't that great a movie but I have to believe that if I keep working at it this eating right and working out stuff has to work!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I loved Nemo thanks for your words everyone. I am not a quitter or this time anyway LOL

dd
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    "just keep swimming" was my mantra when I first started working out. I still do it from time to time (inside voice) when I don't want to go to the gym.:tongue:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Zenmama,

When did you set the goal to lose 5 lbs by Friday? Just remember it's more important to lose weight slowly and keep it off, rather than quickly, just to gain it all back and more. If you made a goal to lose 5 lbs. in a 2-3 week period then I would think that is healthy weight loss. Good luck and keep your eye on the prize: excellent health.

: ) Felicia
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, my V-day goal was 6 pounds less than what I am right now. It is so frustrating. Last week it was only 4 pounds, but some how I got 2 extra pounds over the weekend. I know that I've lose quite a bit so far and I should be happy, but it is so frustrating when the scale goes the wrong way.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    (((hugs)))

I think you're doing amazing....and ya know what you'll get there! I know you know it!

as for this Friday....just take a long look at how far you've come so far....all the hard work chicky! give yourself a big pat on the back...cuz you deserve it!:wink:

:flowerforyou:
    Ali