Working and Fitness

Options
I work 13 hour shifts. Im up at 4:30 every morning to get myself together and my husbands and kids tbings and lunches ready for their day... Then Im out the door by 6 and at work for the 13 hours. By the time I get home all I want to do is k.o! Does anyone else work long hours and still find time to workout? If so, what is it that helps motivate you to get that 30 extra minutes in?

Replies

• NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I do feel the same way when I get home. The only way I am able to get in any exercise is during breaks at work. Most day I get in at least 20 minutes of walking. Some days I am able to do more if I don't have meetings or errands to run.
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    BeastModeBeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have thought about that. Im a private caregiver/CNA and the client I am with throught the week usually takes a 2 hour nap in the evenings. I may have to start taking a walk at that time. Thanks for the reply!
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    through out*
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Walk after u eat lunch! My Fitbit tells me I burn 82 cals in a 17 minute walk. Again everyone has different metabolism but hey something is something. I also do squats at my desk especially to get the blood flowing. Keep the blood flowing!!!!!
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add and every time u use the restroom even at home! Don't sit right away...squat till u can hold it! And u will fill the burn!!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    How many days a week do you work? My husband works 14 hr shifts but only 3 days a week so he has 5 days off each week.
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    Thank you for the advice @Delaine1130 . I do try to squat as much as possible, even have the app for it!
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    I work 6 days a week @MonkeyMel21. Its hard but I rrally want to try various ways to find the right way for me in order to get at least 30 minutes in 3-4 times a week.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Don't sit! As soon as you're home, get right to business and you're less likely to turn off motivation for the day before it's accomplished. If home reduces motivation, drive straight to a park or a gym to get something in after work before home. Have the hubs and kids meet you there if it's outdoors!!
  • ShielaFrancisco
    ShielaFrancisco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes you will find a way or time doing exercise. just like after family hour or after the office 1 hour even just 2 to 3 times a week.
  • BeastModeBeauty87
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I did get a 30 minute walk in and some squats while my patient was napping and I felt great afterwards!!