Need a little reassurance! :)

Options
Hey everyone! So I need a little reassurance to make sure that I am on the right track.

So I weigh 154, 5'4 and my goal is to loose 15 to 20 pounds by the end of July (Wedding day!)

So I stay below my 1450 calories a day goal plus workout 6 times a week (an hour each day) doing workouts like taebo, and intense circuit training.

I try to stay away from bread and carbs as much as possible but I do have whole wheat toast and sweet potatoes here and there.

Do you think I could achieve my goal by what I am doing? Should I tweak some things? Need some advice!

Thanks guys! :)

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You will be fine doing what your doing. Make sure your logging is precise and be sure to weigh and measure everything.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Don't eat below your 1450 calories aim for eating all of them, and if you are exercising eat a little more as you need to fuel your exercise.

Your deficit is built into the 1450 so you won't gain weight or lose slower by eating exercise calories.

Make sure you are well fuelled or you may end up not in the best of health for your wedding. 12-15 lbs should be attainable. With so little to lose 20 may not.

Cheers, h.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't eat below your 1450 calories aim for eating all of them, and if you are exercising eat a little more as you need to fuel your exercise.

Your deficit is built into the 1450 so you won't gain weight or lose slower by eating exercise calories.

Assuming MFP gave you that number and you didn't get that randomly or using a different method.
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Good catch @joseccastaneda :)

@brianawelch, I presumed you're 1450 was a calorie goal that MFP had given you. This doesn't include exercise.

If you used an off site TDEE calculator and included your exercise in that calculation, you obviously don't need to eat exercise calories back.

Cheers, h.
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're off to a good start! I think that calorie goal is good and with that much exercise I think that you should be able to meet your goal as long as you're logging your calories and exercises accurately. I am sure you'll be looking good for the wedding day!
  • mcmasters06
    mcmasters06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and confused a little about the calorie counter. So it adds cal. When I exercise but I don't eat that amount or I do?
  • brianawelch
    brianawelch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the awesome advice!!
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    I'm new here and confused a little about the calorie counter. So it adds cal. When I exercise but I don't eat that amount or I do?

MFP is set up so that one doesn't have to exercise. Some people have limited ability or don't want to.
    The goal it gives you is without exercise and includes your deficit.
    So if you want to lose 1lbs a week there is a built in daily deficit of 500 cals.

If you choose to exercise you enter the exercise and eat the calorie burn back.

Exercise estimates are for the masses, not the individual, so it is not a bad idea to eat back only 50 or 75% for about 6-8 weeks, then adjust up or down so you are losing at the weekly goal you chose.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, h.