How do you feel about going over your daily FAT GOAL?

Options
How do you feel about going over your daily FAT GOAL?

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    If you're in your calories, it's fine. Look at your weekly averages, too, and decide if you want the macros at the preset levels or something else. Somehow, over a week, I end up at the presets pretty much exactly.
  • sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will do that. :)
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't track macros, makes things less stressful for me :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Don't care. It's all about the calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I treat my fat and protein goals as minimums to go over rather than maximums to stay under. Going over my fat goal within reason is a good thing for me, personally.

^ This, exactly.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It depends - I try to watch my fat, carb and sugar intake since my family is predisposed to high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. However, take a look at where the fats and carbs/sugars are coming from. Are they fruits, vegetables and whole grains? Or are they oils?
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fine. I go over on fat and protien most days. I just try to really watch sodium and carbs. All within my calories, of course.
  • sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It depends - I try to watch my fat, carb and sugar intake since my family is predisposed to high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. However, take a look at where the fats and carbs/sugars are coming from. Are they fruits, vegetables and whole grains? Or are they oils?

Answer: They are only fruits, vegis, whole grains and yes also oils (but only olive oil and coconut oil and milk) maybe some eggs and some fish.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I keep an eye on saturated and trans fats and those are the fats I try not to go over on.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest if I go over my fat goals, or protein for that matter. I see these more as minimums. I do get a little annoyed if I end up with more than 50% carbs though. Not the end of the world annoyed, just a shrug and I'll do better tomorrow annoyed.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't have feelings about nutrients.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Just like I feel about going over my daily protein or carb goal. Doesn't bother me at all if I'm happy with my food choices. I try to strike a certain balance because I've learned from experience what makes me a happier dieter, but sometimes to be a happier dieter I need to break my own rules. Flexibility is more important to my personal dieting process than any pre-set "it works" guidelines.