Does anyone else have a piece of Clothing for their weightloss goals?

Options
To clarify, I found an adorable tank top that I absolutely love. It has a saying on it that is absolutely me and I know that I couldn't wear it now. I know that if I keep up what I'm doing now, I could wear it this summer and rock it. Does anyone else do this? As in shop around, find a piece you can't wait to rock, and use it as a reward for when you reach your weightloss goals? I don't have any old clothes from when I was smaller, because I'm not the same person. I have a style I like and want to continue with when I am smaller. I just wonder, what is your goal reward?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I have clothes from before I got pregnant I would like to wear again.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have an evening dress I bought when I competed in my first bikini/fitness comp in 2012. I was the smallest I've been in my life....

I wanted to fit in to it again - that was a goal a few months ago. I tried it on yesterday and it fit - still a little more snug than when I originally wore it, but it zipped up and I could breath. I'm currently over 10kg heavier than when I wore it the first time, but I've been working on building muscle since then, so my physique is completely different. I still want to be a few kgs smaller, so it'll fit better then :)

.... That said, from experience I wouldn't buy clothes in smaller sizes to wear at a smaller size. My style changed a lot over my weight loss journey, and my body shape doesn't suit a lot of clothes I would have loved previously. My confidence has also increased, which has an impact on what I wear too...
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've had a few goals and rewards now. My first goal, which was a reward in itself, was fitting back into my favourite, most flattering trousers. After that, I vowed that if I could get back to my old sports kit size as a teen, I would buy myself better quality, more flattering sports kit. When I reached that, I told myself that if I could keep my weight stable or drop further for the next seven months, I could buy myself a spare set for Christmas. So I now have two flattering sets!

Now my goal is to get to the point where my original cheap kit looks ridiculously big on me by next September. At that point I will reward myself by getting rid of it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I had a dress I was emotionally attach to.
    I hung it at the end of the bed and saw it every morning for a year as I lost weight.

When I got to the weight I was when I last fitted in the dress,my goal weight, I put it on and it was loser!

Working out during my weight loss had changed my body composition enough, especially decreasing my B-belly, to make it fit better than it ever had.

The tank top is probably a good inspiration piece. Don't get anything that depends on a good fit, jeans, you can't know how your shape will resolve itself when you reach your goal.
    Cheers, h.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've started buying clothes for the next season in a size too small. There seems to be even better selection when I shop early. There's a weeks worth of clothes in my closet just waiting for summer and another half inch loss. I only buy the stretchy knit stuff so I know it will fit right no matter where the weight feels like coming off and I can wear them through 2-3 dress sizes before retiring them.

As for a goal outfit I would really like a bodycon dress from Bebe. I have always liked their clothes, but was too self conscious to wear stuff like than when I was small. In the meantime I would like to fit in my size 12 wedding dress again. I bought an informal dress so I could wear it again, but started gaining before I could. It's the only too small piece of clothing I have kept.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants that I misread the size label on. They live in a special place in my dresser, and I WILL fit into them one of these days.
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have an oops dress that I ordered online. Turns out the company's 3x is not anyone else's 3x. But I still have it in my closet. Sexy little black wiggle dress will fit me some day.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I love the skirt, you look stunning in it.
    Well done.

Cheers, h.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I have a BUNCH of clothes from before I started gaining weight. It's been sooo much fun to try them on from time to time to see how close they are to fitting. :D
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To clarify, I found an adorable tank top that I absolutely love. It has a saying on it that is absolutely me and I know that I couldn't wear it now. I know that if I keep up what I'm doing now, I could wear it this summer and rock it. Does anyone else do this? As in shop around, find a piece you can't wait to rock, and use it as a reward for when you reach your weightloss goals? I don't have any old clothes from when I was smaller, because I'm not the same person. I have a style I like and want to continue with when I am smaller. I just wonder, what is your goal reward?

I thought I was the only one! I'm currently a size 1-2 XL and I saw this dress at the store that was adorable!! Sadly it was a medium. That is my goal size, so I bought it. I had already started my weight loss journey, so I thought I'd use it as inspiration.
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought a Skirt for Easter and a maxi dress for my sister baby shower a size smaller. They r the first thing I see when I open my closet to motivate me!!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My clothing piece is a little different but it's still clothing so I'll share. I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since August and am working on losing another 30 pounds. I'll see how much more I want to lose once I get there but that is my current goal. My reward for accomplishing that will be to get a new gi (the workout uniform we wear in BJJ) in a smaller size. They are expensive, anywhere from $100-200 depending on what you get, so it's a pretty good reward. Plus I'll be able to do all the moves easier without this 30 pounds.
    Snap! ;) That was/is basically mine.

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My clothing piece is a little different but it's still clothing so I'll share. I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since August and am working on losing another 30 pounds. I'll see how much more I want to lose once I get there but that is my current goal. My reward for accomplishing that will be to get a new gi (the workout uniform we wear in BJJ) in a smaller size. They are expensive, anywhere from $100-200 depending on what you get, so it's a pretty good reward. Plus I'll be able to do all the moves easier without this 30 pounds.
    Snap! ;) That was/is basically mine.

Have you picked one yet? I've been ogling them online to keep motivated. :smiley:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I bought designer jeans in two sizes that I can't fit into yet (4 and 6). I got them from the local resale shop so it's not like I broke the bank (got $200 jeans for $18!!!) :# I have them in plain sight so I see them as I get on the scale each morning.