Anyone get dreams about food?

Options
I literally have nightmares in which I eat a bunch of foods that I don't even like, (random, different every time. ) it's super disturbing because they always end with me looking in the mirror and my face is mine but my body is 7 times bigger. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It happens to me from time to time. As a binge eater this is a sign that I need to think about eating an extra couple hundred calories for a few days.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    When my eating disorder was in full force years ago, and I was fasting, I would dream about eating. I would wake up panicked that I ate and broke my fast. Those dreams were pretty regular. These days, I don't get many of them. Maybe one or two a year, and I wake up confused on whether it was real and if I should log calories or not. Haha.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    When my eating disorder was in full force years ago, and I was fasting, I would dream about eating. I would wake up panicked that I ate and broke my fast. Those dreams were pretty regular. These days, I don't get many of them. Maybe one or two a year, and I wake up confused on whether it was real and if I should log calories or not. Haha.

OMG yes! I have been intermittent fasting within a 6-7 hour eating window. Do you think that's why?
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It happens to me from time to time. As a binge eater this is a sign that I need to think about eating an extra couple hundred calories for a few days.

That's been a reccomedation for me (increasing the calories, that is) I don't think I ever had a binge eating problem but definitely bad thoughts around food for most of my life. I'm scared to increase the calories because I'm so close to my goal weight (10 pound left,) to get to 125) at my height of 5"8.5. This 1290 calorie thing has been working so well.
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My dreams always involve a nuclear war and the aftermath.

Food is usually at a premium
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I've dreamt that I've eaten tons of food before. Always happy to have enjoyed my peanut butter binges with no caloric repercussions when I awake lol legit I would learn to lucid dream to eat virtual Big Macs all night while I slept lol
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I dreamed about eating chocolate last night. I don't eat chocolate, although I used to. I certainly didn't wake up craving the stuff. 'Twas an odd dream though . . . .
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Options
    dudebro200 wrote: »
    My dreams always involve a nuclear war and the aftermath.

Food is usually at a premium

OMG! You win ! Nuclear war? I'm so happy I don't dream about that lmao.