How many weeks to get used to the change?

Options
Hi everyone - I started to log my calories three weeks ago, it's been a great expertise and has forced great changes in my lifestyle. It still takes me some effort and strong dicipline to meet my daily goals, and I'm curious to know based on your experience, how many weeks did it take you until such life style changes become a natural part of your regular living? I want the change to be susbstainlae!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether the change you have made is sustainable. If it isn't, you will never be. A lifestyle change will take some effort, but it shouldn't take strong dicipline. If it's a diet (no matter how much you call it a lifestyle change), you may be able to stick to it for a few weeks or months. A true lifestyle change will feel good and natural (but maybe also a bit strange) immediately, and continue to do so.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's been an ever evolving process over the course of about 4.5 years...
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Ask me when I'm on my death bed! But things have really gotten easier for me probably after week 5. I'm only at week 10 though right now.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Heading toward 3.5 years. Parts have gotten easier but are still not first nature. I still naturally veer toward overeating, for example. I've experimented with no logging at all and it doesn't work for me. However, exercise has very much become a natural part of my life.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One and a half years in and I can still be easily derailed from truly, meitculously, logging my food and exercise. The key is to be successful on more days than you aren't. Logging is all about awareness and accountability. Be willing to be accountable to yourself, and to others, and log, log, log.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's been an ever evolving process over the course of about 4.5 years...

So, true. For the past several months my snacking habits have been fairly healthy, with the exception of a few things I buy just because they look good. Then last week I started snacking on icing. I don't have a clue where that came from. Oddly enough, this week I weighed in at 202, which is below the minimum on my maintenance range. Not only have I picked up a weird eating habit, I'm eating too little. That's going to take some "evolving".