Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    nep2nfly wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Nerd pr0n.

One of the props that were used for the close-ups in the LOTR movies.
    f7ujv7geaq5o.jpg

@cee134 *squeal* omg I wanna touch it!
    Awesomeness

Um.... on second thought, don't touch it. It doesn't seem to end well for the characters onscreen. :wink:
  • kenyonhaff
    Options
    I may lose my nerd pass for this but...

I thought the movie Dune was Dumb
    Riding on the snakes was just... Dumb

*gasp*
  • kenyonhaff
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I've never read Star Wars books or Harry Potter...just saw the movies. I prefer sci-fi and "horror".

I liked reading encyclopedias when I was a kid and still enjoy reading dictionaries.

How about the Dark Tower? Can we veer off in that direction? Obviously there are only 2 LOTR fans here! :-)

Even I can't imagine a discussion of an encyclopedia...

OMG I did both as a kid and as I got older I pretty much hid my habit of reading dictionaries...LOL. I didn't realize until I was in college that this is not *that* uncommon with curious kids.

Although I did have a series of issues in Latin class when I looked up the naughty words in Latin with a particularly good dictionary and used the words in homework sentences. My teacher didn't stop me initially...I have the feeling she thought it was funny. I did get hauled into the Language Office with the admonition, "I don't know whether to give you an A or and F...but just STOP!"
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the comedian who said, "I just read the dictionary...all the other books are in there." Sounds like something Steven Wright would've said, but I don't recall...
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I'll occasionally put on LOR and just let all 3 movies play in the background while I do chores and play with my son and make dinner...

Its a good story and really pretty to look at, the elf women are hott lol..

My biggest complaint is that none of the characters have any real swagger about them...

I like Willow more, Mad Martigan was a bad *kitten* with Han Solo like swagger and I dug Sorsha too... Too bad they didn't do more with the story...
  • itsallgood803
    itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I may lose my nerd pass for this but...

I thought the movie Dune was Dumb
    Riding on the snakes was just... Dumb

Omg I always get dirty looks when I say I hate the movie Dune!
  • itsallgood803
    itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll occasionally put on LOR and just let all 3 movies play in the background while I do chores and play with my son and make dinner...

My biggest complaint is that none of the characters have any real swagger about them...

I like Willow more, Mad Martigan was a bad *kitten* with Han Solo like swagger and I dug Sorsha too... Too bad they didn't do more with the story...

Oh....Willow, I always had a huge crush on Mad Martigan
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    sad-jon-snow-is-sad-game-of-thrones.jpg
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
    'Star Wars' Celebration: 'The Last Jedi' panel is going on right now. The first trailer for the film will go online later today. Expect the internet to break for awhile today. :)
  • JstTheWayIam
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    'Star Wars' Celebration: 'The Last Jedi' panel is going on right now. The first trailer for the film will go online later today. Expect the internet to break for awhile today. :)

Oh... Emm... Gee...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Some movies, even if I don't love the story, I appreciate for the set design, costuming and effects.

I did like the Lord of the Rings movies, even tho they were so long. I prefer to watch really long movies at home so I can pause them. I'm pretty sure part of the reason I want to go to New Zealand is because of The Lord of the Rings movies, lol, I'm sure it looks exactly the same!

In the Star Wars movies I like the set design and "post apocalyptic", "wasteland" type atmosphere they created, as well as all the space travel and planet exploration, obviously! The actual story...I don't really pay too much attention to. The last one I kept getting distracted by the fact that Jyn's dad was Hannibal Lecter from the TV show "Hannibal" lol.

Harry Potter movies were fun, they have a whimsical sense of imagination and adventure.
  • robertmusser
    robertmusser Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I can't recall the name but there was a sequel written to Willow in the late 90's. It was about the baby as a grown up I think.
  • cee134
    Options

I can't recall the name but there was a sequel written to Willow in the late 90's. It was about the baby as a grown up I think.

I believe it was call Willow 2: The Willowing. Actually it was called, Shadow Moon.

s6vs3b7n64ml.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Looks pretty good...
    Hope we don't get the Karate Kid 3... in space lol