Is anybody doing just calisthenics?

Options
Im doing full body workout without lifting weights aka calisthenics. But, I'm a beginner and my body can't do some of the exercises like frog legs or upright push ups and stuff like that. How can I get better at it, and get adjusted to it faster.

Replies

• YoGiMane
    YoGiMane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    The best advice I ever received when I started was "Start where you are and build from there". In the beginning I could do 5-10 modified push ups before needing a break. Now I can do 20 regular or close to 50 modified.
  • YoGiMane
    YoGiMane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm hoping to get to that next step too
  • oldyogi66
    oldyogi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just do body weight exercise. I use the DAREBEE web site and app. It's great1
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I do exclusively bodyweight exercises and walking.

It definitely works, and as others said - modify if needed.
    Here are some Push up mods for you:
    1. Easy Knee Pushups (both knees on floor, 45 degree bend at waist.
    2. Hard Knee pushups (one or both knees on floor, cross feet at ankles, no bend at waist)
    3. Raised surface pushups (start at counter height and work down to coffee table, then floor. Staircases are good for this, and as a bonus, once you get good at floor level, you can start putting your feet on the steps!)

• seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if fitness pal has a list of all calisthenics? So much to dig through and I'm new
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think it just lumps the calisthenics into 2 categories: light and vigorous, which drives me nuts. Light to me might be vigorous to someone else and vice-versa.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yes to the 1st & 2nd replies :-)

I have honestly been surprised at what my body can do when I continue trying. Not necessarily pushing myself (I greatly fear injury) but just modifying things while keeping in mind the ultimate goal. I've gotten over not being able to do burpees, jumping rope, push-ups and bicycle crunches this way. Even learned to enjoy them a little (not the burpees)!

You got this!!