Halo top vs enlightened ice cream pints

Options

Replies

• jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I almost bought enlighted the other day but the calories aren't as low, right? At least the brownie something flavor I picked up. I'm so lucky to live in NY we get everything in our stores lol
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    jen_092 wrote: »
    I almost bought enlighted the other day but the calories aren't as low, right? At least the brownie something flavor I picked up. I'm so lucky to live in NY we get everything in our stores lol

Their new line of flavors are anywhere from 60 cals to 100 cals per serving (180 to 300 per pint) so they're pretty comparable to halo tops.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options

Their new line of flavors are anywhere from 60 cals to 100 cals per serving (180 to 300 per pint) so they're pretty comparable to halo tops.

Actually jk around 240-400 per pint math fail!
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I just bought Halo Top today. Lemon cake, birthday cake, and vanilla bean. Don't care for the lemon cake, but like the other two.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

It's at least lower than Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Dazs, & Talenti for days when you want to inhale a whole pint without too much calorie damage.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart is starting to carry Halo Top!

Weis has started to carry the Enlightened pints.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Go for Arctic Zero - much better

Better than what? It doesn't taste like anything.

Better than if you cut milk by 90% with one of those Clear American flavored waters and froze it, perhaps?
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yasso!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm just not impressed with Enlightened. The only two I like enough to buy again are Butter Pecan and red velvet. The 60 calories a serving ones taste like sadness (almond, snickerdoodle).
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I loved the Enlightened caramel oatmeal cookie pint, but my stomach did not agree with eating the whole pint at once. At 400 calories for the pint it is higher cals than halo top, but it also has more substantial mix ins.

Halo top is so far my favorite, but I haven't tried Enlightens new pint line because I can't find it anywhere. I'm definitely interested to see who else has and how they compare.
  • Minibeastmandy
    Minibeastmandy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried every flavor of both enlightened and halo (I love ice cream, kay? lol) and Enlightened wins, hands down. To me, Halo Top has a strange texture and Enlightened is much more like traditional ice cream. Plus, those mixins! *swoon*

Overall, they're both really good, but I definitely prefer Enlightened.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I like enlightened. More of their flavors have swirls of things (like a ribbon of cream cheese in their red velvet or the ribbon of strawberry in their cheesecake ) . Hell yes
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys... bec of this thread, I bought Enlightened ice cream tonight to try out (in the name of science!). I am an avid Halo Top fan and agree with the Arctic Zero is terribad comments. Must say, I was impressed with Enlightened. Thicker than Halo Top and I like the mix ins (tried the PB choc chip). However, despite the goodness of Enlightened, I still prefer Halo Top - I feel like it's much creamier than Enlightened after taste testing both upon leaving on the countertop for a few to thaw out.
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I LOVE both Halo Top and Enlightened! I don't care for Arctic Zero. The only one that was slightly worse than OK was the Cake Batter flavor.
    My favorite Enlightened pints are Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Frozen Hot Cocoa, and Red Velvet (Which really rivals Halo Top)
    Halo Top flavors you can't really go wrong with!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I've only had the Enlightened bars, and I'm afraid I tossed them.

Halo Top Cookie Dough! Yum!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    No Enlightened within 50 miles. Yowch.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I tried the mint chip Enlightened and Halo Top. I didn't like Enlightened. I prefer Halo Top much better. I also tried Halo Top red velvet and oatmeal cookie. Very tasty.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Everyone is gonna have their own favorites, but with Halo Top I prefer Peanut Butter Cup, Cookies & Cream, and Sea Salt Caramel.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    Does anyone notice the texture difference between the 2? I've only had enlightened's hot chocolate and caramel oatmeal cookie crunch but those are almost too creamy compared to halo tops, which is closer to real ice cream texture to me. (I actually let it thaw then mix, mash, stir, for a long time to make it more of a soft serve or frozen yogurt texture)