What's your best comeback?

Replies

• FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    If it kills me, I'm going to die happy.
  • laurafleming585
    laurafleming585 Posts: 3 Member
    "If a diet soda once a month makes me unhealthy then I've obviously got quite serious health issues already don't I?!"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Just walk away while he is still talking. Men hate when you do this.

Ugghh my hubby does this when we're in the middle of an argument/debate. It is THE most infuriating thing he can do to me!!!!
    Which is probably why he does it. Throw plates. It works in movies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    "Why, thank you, diet soda police."

Although, in real life, when someone did tell me to consider not using artificial sweetener because it was dangerous, and she saw me as a happy, healthy person and wanted me to remain that way, I said, "Thank you :)".
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Tell him if he would like to continue commenting on your dietary choice you can involve human resources in the conversation. Many workplaces consider an individual's diet to be an inappropriate topic of conversation because it can involve medical, ethical, and religious aspects.

I would ask him about the studies that he got his information from and then explain that I won't change my eating habits based on outdated information from mouse studies.

I was thinking of suggesting something like, "By berating me about what I put in my body, you're creating a hostile work environment. ... By the way, do you have the number for HR?"

But your suggestion is probably better.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Please don't go running to the boss or HR. I'd rather get the talk about soda and find a way to shut him down, then be forever known as the untrustworthy office snitch.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Tell him if he would like to continue commenting on your dietary choice you can involve human resources in the conversation. Many workplaces consider an individual's diet to be an inappropriate topic of conversation because it can involve medical, ethical, and religious aspects.

I would ask him about the studies that he got his information from and then explain that I won't change my eating habits based on outdated information from mouse studies.

I was thinking of suggesting something like, "By berating me about what I put in my body, you're creating a hostile work environment. ... By the way, do you have the number for HR?"

But your suggestion is probably better.

I interned as assistant for head of hr at a company and she ruled with an iron fist, just the mention of hr would make people go pale.
  • bad_dog_ny
    bad_dog_ny Posts: 22 Member
    "All that healthy living apparently has not done anything to improve your personality or social skills. Your hubris seems to be exceeded only by your belligerence and truculence." Or some rendition thereof.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Pretty much "if you aren't my doctor, then what i eat is none of your business." =P
  • georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member

Them : "Diet sodas bad for you!"
    Me : "Duly noted" followed by an eye roll.
  • TominTorrance
    TominTorrance Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe this.... "Back off Hitler, this isn't Germany"
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Maybe this.... "Back off Hitler, this isn't Germany"

That I consider extremely bad taste. :neutral:
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    here is a reply...since it is so bad i wont make you drink it
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member