drinking questions

Options
I dont drink that often, maybe once every 2-3 weeks sometimes less but when i do drink i like to have a good time and i drink quite a bit. My first question is do you guys record ever ounce of alcohol you drink, do you take a day off, how should i stay accountable for this? My second question is does anyone on here even drink? or has the weight loss and calorie counting pushed you to stop. Does anyone know a low cal. alcoholic drink?

Replies

• mimiswoboda
    Options
    I drink but I log every ounce. I drink way less now that I'm on this journey, but I still like to unwind!
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I log it all! And I have definitely cut down on the amount I drink, but I still like to go out and have a good time every now and then.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I log my drinky poos. A shot of Fireball Whiskey (my favorite ever!) is about 69 calories per ounce.
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    I've been drinking throughout my whole weight loss journey. I wouldn't reccomend it though, i wish i didin't i'd def be at my goal weight by now. And i lost weight everywhere but my beer belly it wont budge! I know people have their troubled spots which has always been my stomach but i think drinking has slowed the progress way down. I drink atleast once a week and i know what your saying i don't just have 2 glasses of wine. I party...hard (horrible i know)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I log it all! And I have definitely cut down on the amount I drink, but I still like to go out and have a good time every now and then.

Yep - Definitely log it
    I do martinis (vodka) because they are LOW in calorie for sure - log it and then I start with water and drink one pint glass between drinks - lol - it HELPS! ;)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Don't drink anymore. If it was like it used to be, I'd never remember how much I drank. Will have 9 years on July 31. WOOHOO, here's to not having that kind of fun anymore!
  • jily310
    jily310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to have a good time drinking too! I log as much as I can. I usually go up 2-3 pounds because the next day I crave more food. Don't worry, in 2 or so days with going back on track everything goes back to normal!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've drank once in the past year... and I swear, it stalled my weightloss and I even gained 2 lbs in one day the night i drank... never again, I don't care how good those daiquiris look
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yep - drink every few weeks but only a couple glasses of white wine - log it all. I have water in between - helps!
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I see a few people who have logged some alcohol. Log everything. It will help you see what going on. I have been dry 17 years last March 13th. Food was the only vise I had left and now I have taken that way. LOL. But I will gladly trade it for a healther me, one that I like.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If i know im going to drink that day, I do cardio in the morning and use those calories for my beer :) I drink Bud Select 55, a six pack is 330 calories
  • crackers3333
    Options
    you gotta log your drink man, no fat but full of calories bottle of wine kinda 550, pint of lager 200 lets not mess about with the odd glass or 2 as that just doesn't happen, tend to find the days i go over always involve drink..........

and remember even if no one sees you do it they still count :-0
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Drinking is acceptable while trying to loss weight as long as you calculate calories, but one thing you have to keep in mind that the body will not burn calories until after it has burned the alcohol you consume. Below is a link that explains this a little better. I hope this helps.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=563
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it - it can be pretty eye opening! When I started paying attention to it I realized that I'd rather not drink my calories that often. Alcohol also has the added problem of slowing down your metabolism, so keep that in mind.
  • tjcnc
    tjcnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Log in the drinks as every one says. Grain alcohol lower calorie then beer. Wine is lower too. 1 thing to remember as you lose weight and fat alcohol will have "quicker" effect on you. Won't be able to drink like you use too. This is a good thing
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't drink anymore. If it was like it used to be, I'd never remember how much I drank. Will have 9 years on July 31. WOOHOO, here's to not having that kind of fun anymore!
    WTG Paul.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    If i know im going to drink that day, I do cardio in the morning and use those calories for my beer :) I drink Bud Select 55, a six pack is 330 calories

thank goodness for Select 55~!
  • hml1976
    hml1976 Posts: 64
    Options
    I drink occasionally socially too. I log every stinking drink and I've taught myself to slow down and drink (sip) a glass of water between drinks. Where I used to put away 4 or 5 glasses of wine during a trip to the bar, now I usually stick to 2..maybe 3. And then I drink tons of water the next day and eat really well to minimize the bloated feeling. I find drinking is less fun these days, I don't weigh as much so I can't drink as much and I get hungover a lot easier.

Also, I do still have a glass of wine with dinner several times a week, log it and only pour 5oz...not the 10oz glasses I used to pour!
  • kjvitello
    kjvitello Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink about once every other weekend and I will drink a lot. If I know I'm going to be drinking I cut out about 200 cals from the day before, of, and after to make up for all the blueberry vodka waters (like 90cals) I drink on my night out. :happy: This has worked for me...I don't get on the scale but I have gone from a 12 to a 6.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If i'm on a night out i don't log it, i would just have fun have a drink and not write down every bloomin drink i have. That would ruin the whole evening for me. To have to stay sober so i can record every sip of drink.

Saying the above though i don't go out for night like that often, once in a blue moon so i dont' really see that as a problem.

I do drink at home though and that i do log as it's usually every weekend. You can't drink every weekend and not count it.