What do you all do with your Christmas cards?

Options
Just curious if you keep them or throw them out after Christmas? What do you all do with the stack?

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Just curious if you keep them or throw them out after Christmas? What do you all do with the stack?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh heavens, I don't keep anything. Day after Christmas they are all OUT THE DOOR. :bigsmile:

Unfortunately, I live with the man who had trouble getting rid of his single bed when we moved in together because he'd had it since he was 3. :ohwell: :huh:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I put the ones that mean the most to me in a photo album:happy:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    I actually keep them. I add some to my banisters, Christmas tree & mantle.
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    I make them into christmas tags for next year- cut the picture out and use the inside to write the To and From Recycles and saves money!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I put the ones that mean the most to me in a photo album:happy:

So do I! The other ones get trashed!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You can recycle them - cut off the front, and send them to St. Jude's Ranch (http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php) .
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    I make them into christmas tags for next year- cut the picture out and use the inside to write the To and From Recycles and saves money!

Oh! That is a great idea. I keep mine for years and hang the faves up on the inside of my door in the shape of an evergreen tree. (Then is looks like I have LOTS of friends :laugh: - :tongue: )
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    what is st. jude's ranch? and what do they do with them?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You can recycle them - cut off the front, and send them to St. Jude's Ranch (http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php) .

What a fabulous idea!! Thanks for this information.

I usually recycle them by making tags for next year, or I cut some of the designs out to use in scrapbooks (well, at least that's what I intend to do with them, but frankly I stink at scrapbooking!):blushing:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    what is st. jude's ranch? and what do they do with them?

Go to the link - it'll explain it. Basically it is like a children's hospital, and the kids use them to make new cards and sell them to raise money.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Christmas what? Been so long since I've had time to send any, I almost forgot what they were.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I keep them all. I'm glad I did because my little nephews, my father in law, and my sister in law all died within the past two years and it's nice to have what they have written and left for us. In a few days, it will have been 2 years since my 12 and 9 year old nephews left us and we have those homeade cards to read and remember them by. You never know.....I'm glad I have them.:heart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    I keep them all. I'm glad I did because my little nephews, my father in law, and my sister in law all died within the past two years and it's nice to have what they have written and left for us. In a few days, it will have been 2 years since my 12 and 9 year old nephews left us and we have those homeade cards to read and remember them by. You never know.....I'm glad I have them.:heart:

:heart: (((((hugs)))))) :heart: I think you shared that website for the kids, no?
  • SoupNazi
    Options

:heart: (((((hugs)))))) :heart: I think you shared that website for the kids, no?

:blushing:
    How cool are you to remember that????:heart:

it is www.armsoflife.com. There you can see my nephews and what the community has done to make railroad crossings more safer.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • adamk0324
    Options

it is www.armsoflife.com. There you can see my nephews and what the community has done to make railroad crossings more safer.:flowerforyou: :heart:
    i just looked at the website awww they were so cute and that is so awsome that all that is goin on.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

i just looked at the website awww they were so cute and that is so awsome that all that is goin on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to see them.:heart::heart: :heart:

It means the world to me to know you did that. May God bless you.
    They were such awesome kids.:heart:

Thank you.:flowerforyou:

So far, the commmuity has raised enough money to upgrade 4 railroad cossings. We are working on 5.
  • adamk0324
    Options
    that is just so awsome i think it is just great. no prob at checkin it out i really care about those kinds of thing because i want to try to help anyone i can
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    that is just so awsome i think it is just great. no prob at checkin it out i really care about those kinds of thing because i want to try to help anyone i can

You have a heart of gold.:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for taking the time to see them.:heart::heart: :heart:

It means the world to me to know you did that. May God bless you.
    They were such awesome kids.:heart:

Thank you.:flowerforyou:

So far, the community has raised enough money to upgrade 4 railroad cossings. We are working on 5.

Oh, I knew I shouldn't have looked at the website. I'm sitting here, crying and blubbering. Anytime anything happens to children that could have been prevented, I sob. Every child out there is my child, in my heart, and it hurts to know your nephews are gone.