Asking Lifters and Runners: What are your macros on active/non active days?

Options
mustb60
mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
Please share what are your macros on active and non active days. It would be very helpful to know how the experienced ones manage their macros. Recently I am struggling with balancing my macros. What is most important to watch for? Should we really care for exact intake? Many times I either cross the red line or stay below the mark.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Same everyday.

Your macros will be personal to you, your goals, how you promote adherence, how you are satiated and how you maximise athletic performance. Other people will have differing goals and differing ways to reach them.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I keep mine the same each day also.
  • jessi1199
    jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not one of the experienced ones. LOL. But I am going to aim for 40/30/30 all the time. I feel like I do the best with that balance. I do not freak out if I am slightly off. I really aim for the 40 for carbs and if the protein and fat are a little off, that's okay. If I have a day of 45-50 carbs, I don't freak out...in fact, I am very much okay with that if it's a long run day.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Same everyday.

Your macros will be personal to you, your goals, how you promote adherence, how you are satiated and how you maximise athletic performance. Other people will have differing goals and differing ways to reach them.

This. It's all about what makes your body work best, and that will be different for everyone. But just as a point of reference, the only macro I really track is protein. I make sure to get at least 100 grams of protein every day. The other macros fall wherever they are going to fall.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Same every day.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my RD has me on a cycle of H/M/L carbs - ranging from 22-2500 cal a day; protein stays at 130g; carbs is a high of 307g and a low of 234g, fat between 64 and 76g
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Same-ish. Every once in awhile I'll down a mass quantity of extra lean red meat because I just "need" it, but for the most part, everything is the same and works to roughly 45 carbs, 25 fat, 30 protein.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually keep mine the same every day. If I do extra (long run, yard work), I might reward myself with a little extra.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    the same every day... if you follow IIFYM, activity is already factored into your macros
  • mustb60
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    Same everyday.

This. It's all about what makes your body work best, and that will be different for everyone. But just as a point of reference, the only macro I really track is protein. I make sure to get at least 100 grams of protein every day. The other macros fall wherever they are going to fall.

This I can follow. Thank you!
  • mustb60
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Reading after all of the POVs I think shouldn't bother much about workout calories and focus on Protein first. So I am setting it on 80 gm and will let the rest fall in line. Thank you every one for your inputs! :)<3
  • Nomoregrainsjustgains
    Options
    I think I'll keep mine the same each day too. I might up my fat to 30 and reduce carbs, I feel happier and more well when I eat more healthy fats.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mine are the same on exercise days as non exercise days - 45% carbs, 30% fat, 25% protein. Usually end up closer to 35% fat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I do 150P, 50F every day. Carbs cycle, 3 low days, 3 normal days and 1 high day.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    On lifting days I aim for a little more protein, on cardio days I tend to eat more carbs, and on rest day I don't worry about it. My macros here don't change in my setttings but I do make adjustments to support whatever workout I'm doing.