For girls (if guys want to comment too that's fine)

Options
124»

Replies

• megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    As a teen I too ALWAYS wore a bathing suit with large t-shirt over it. Don't know what I was so afraid of other than someone would see my thunder thighs and booty. LOL

Heck now?? Bikinis only. Beach, my pool, waterpark...doesn't matter. I have worked hard for my body (somewhat larger now than 25 years ago) and am proud of my results so will wear what I want.

I can't do the floss thing though um yeah there I draw the line (pun intended). I also have Awesome tats I must show... It's like a rule or something.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Even though I know I could pull off a bikini, I prefer a one piece. I feel too exposed and uncomfortable with that much skin showing. I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    <---

I can't deal with one-piece suits. I always feel like I have a wedgie and going to the bathroom is a giant PITA and IME, they actually accentuate any tummy pooch.
  • MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Definitely a two piece bikini or tankini my top is bigger than my bottom so one pieces never fit right. That way I can get two different sizes and it fits properly.
  • BalerionTheBlackDread
    BalerionTheBlackDread Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bikinis!
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I just popped through for research of course
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a swim dress, still not plucked up the courage to wear it
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    They don't seem to have the exact print I bought six years ago anymore, but I bought a tankini top, bikini bottom and board shorts from Title 9.

https://www.titlenine.com/category/womens-athletic-swimwear/mix-match-swim-separates.do

When I first (finally) took some swim lessons, I did the tankini top and board shorts. I've seriously gone to the gym to do dryland fitness classes while wearing less. As I started to practice swimming more often and the heat just got too much, I would switch to bikini bottoms or some cheapo tops that I bought from Walmart and a local swim store.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There are some really hot one pieces out right now that are tempting, but I'm a bikini girl. Even when I was fat. I thought all that fabric stretched over my bod made me look worse than letting it hang out.

Also how you gonna get a good tan with your belly covered up? No thanks.

I just ordered a super high cut bikini bottom. Can't wait to see how it's going to work. My butt just eats all swim wear.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Bikinis all the way. Although I do have an awesome Wonder Woman swimsuit that's rad. Otherwise, bikinis.