You guys! I wear a size 10/M now!!!!!

Options
AmyOutOfControl
AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
So, I am down 36 pounds in one year. I went shopping a few months ago when my size 16 pants were all falling off. I bought a new size 14/large wardrobe at the time.

Fast forward to today -- I went to Goodwill to pick up some cheap used "new to me" clothes. I still want to loose another 16 pounds and I don't want to buy yet ANOTHER wardrobe in a few months. It's getting expensive!

I brought a few pairs of size 12s in the dressing room only to discover that they were all too big. I then went and grabbed a size 10 pair of Levi's thinking "no way are these going to fit - look at them". They fit perfectly! It is rediculous how happy this made me. I must have tried on 20 pairs of size 10s in different brands just to make sure it wasn't vanity/wrongly sized.

I ended up buying 2 pair of shorts, three pants, four shirts (in a medium!) and 2 medium dresses. Best Saturday ever!

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 36 pounds in one year is a great rate of loss! :) You should take pictures. When I reached my goal weight, I took pictures of myself in my old size 16 pants for personal before and after photos.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's where I am, too. I bought a whole bunch of nice work clothes when I dropped from sz 22 to 16. Waste of money! Just tried some on to see if I could salvage any ... they literally fell off. I am in 10s mostly now, too. Congrats!!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've purchased clothes at Goodwill, I think of Goodwill more like a rental company! Lol
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great deals on e bay too.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hooray, so happy for you! Can't wait to leave size 12 behind :smiley:
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Definitely shop at thrift stores as it gets expensive really quick. Also find a good seamstress and have your larger sizes altered. Especially for the stuff you don't want to give away.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Great deals on e bay too.

Oh, i forgot about Ebay. Thanks!
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - great work! Love thrift store shopping, both for the great deals and the 'treasure hunting' process.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. :) Keep it up!!!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Awesome NSV!
    Bonus for me is that I don't have to worry bout shopping for pants. After a 36 lb loss, still a pant size 14 with a size small/med in shirts. Lost 8.7 more pounds and still a size 14.
    I always have to sew in the waist of ALL my pants now.
    I'm just a big booty woman.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!