Ovulation time?

Options
Hi I was 10st 2.6lbs Friday and now it's ovulation week I weigh 2lbs more?
Is anyone else the same during ovulation?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    How do you know that you are ovulating? How are you tracking it?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yep, I gain at ovulation and TOM. It's just fluid retention.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Yep, I gain at ovulation and TOM. It's just fluid retention.

I also gain around ovulation. A day or two before my period starts I am also heavier. A few days after my period starts is usually the lowest weight of the month for me.

I have weighed myself daily for years. It has helped me understand how hormones and sodium cause normal fluctuations in weight.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I gain during ovulation and TOM as well
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I gain a bit aswell for a few days then it goes back
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yes,me too! a pound or two of water retention,a little more emotional and a bit hungrier_it's like a lighter version of pms for 3 or 4 days.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hormonal changes in weight gain are common. In fact women with some ovarian cancers have their girth measured daily because of the hormonal effect of water retention and fluid shift in this region.

Both ovulation and menstruation can have a similar (less ominous) type of fluid retention and associated weight gain. Some women are more sensitive to it than others.
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I gain more around ovulation than during my period. In fact, I find that I overall lose very little in the first couple of weeks is my cycle, and all the loss is revealed in week 3 / beginning of week 4.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I always gain around ovulation. It's normal.

For me, personally, I have PCOS and I get an unmistakable twinge during ovulation, and before that twinge I have an insatiable appetite so I can tell with 100% accuracy that it's coming that day.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I always gain 1-2 pounds during ovulation!! I gain 2-3 days leading up to my period, I just hate that ovulation weight!
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I didn't even think about gaining during ovulation but I'm happy I came across this.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I gain more at ovulation time than TOM.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I gain loads around ovulation and before/during periods. Such fun.

I can always tell when I'm ovulating as I get a sharp, one-sided pain when the egg is released plus - and this may be TMI - vaginal mucous becomes very thin and slippery.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am very heavy when I ovulate. You can see it, I can feel it, and it shows up on the scale. I know when I'm ovulating because unlike when I was a spring chicken and felt my libido rise, I now get cranky and have worse pain than when I have my period.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My weight stalls or increases during ovulation and TOM. My weight drops sometimes up to 4 pounds the week after my TOM. I could start weighing my self only after TOM since that's the most accurate. But my body inches continue to decrease all throughout the month regardless of ovulation or TOM. Further proof you continue to lose even if it's not reflected on the scale.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Also, now that I'm relatively lean and at a healthy weight, I actually only LOOK lean at certain times per month. My lowest weigh in and best looks is a few days after my period ends. If you look in my profile, the picture of me in the gray sports bra is during that time. For the rest of the month I look a bit more squishy.

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It will go back down as long as you stick to you plans
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I never paid attention or even thought about ovulation throughout my life. But after my hubby had a vasectomy and i stopped birth control, i downloaded a 'period tracker' app which tells you ovulation time on it's calendar.