How often should I take pictures?

Options
kathy0224
kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
I'm starting once again, and plan on taking before pictures. How often should I take the during pictures to see a difference?

Thanks!
Kathy
5'6"
SW 245
GW 140

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    For fun, why not everyday!?!?
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm taking mine once a month. About 5 weeks in and so far it's been helpful.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'll be honest I take pictures every week and sometimes twice in a week. I enjoy taking pictures in general. It's so rewarding and inspiring to see the little changes. Even if I don't lose any weight for the week, my pictures keep me going and makes the persistent hard work all worth it!
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I take pictures more than most people, but I've still found it helpful. I take a picture almost every time I'm at the gym, which ends up being two to three pictures a week. But I just move them all to a transformation folder on my phone, and since my phone keeps them in order by date, I have a pretty good progression timeline.
  • SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I take photos just in daily life, with the kids, the hubs, when I look particularly hot, lol, or if I love my outfit that day. I don't post them anywhere else, I'm not a selfie a day kind of gal lol. But, I have them on my oh one and then I assign a photo of that week to my weigh in on MFP. I just recently again scrolled through and the transformation is amazingly motivating. I don't have a pic for every week, but most of them.
  • SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the reason is that it's way more fun to look through pics of yourself with your loved ones, your favorite places on walks, etc, than a bunch of photos of you in your skivvies in front of a mirror in an awkward pose. Haha! I have those too, but I like the regular ones better.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I took a pic every 7lb lose
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Every hour lol :smiley:
  • V4kerker
    V4kerker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Take measurements also they can be helpful during a period of no weight lose, but the body is still changing.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    CG_1202 wrote: »
    I take progress pics every week. Same time, stance, lighting

And same/similar outfit - for progress pics, I'd go a small pair of shirts and crop, or bikini, or sports bra and knickers.... No one but you needs to see them!

I'd say initially perhaps every month, but more frequently as you get closer to your goal.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I take one at the end of every run and one each week as my 'progress pic'. For me, they serve two different purposes though.

The run pics are for motivation. 'Can I get three this week? I don't want to go for a run, but look at how happy I look in those pictures', etc.

The weekly one is a full body shot and shows me tangible proof that I'm getting smaller even if my mind says I'm still the same size.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I take mine once a month. I started at 235 and now that I am 185 you can really see how much a month can do for you which motivates me so much. The mirror doesn't always show that. I look at them often to keep me going and focused.
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I only take pics when I look good lol... Don't do this! I'd take progress pics monthly at a minimum if I wasn't camera shy.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    V4kerker wrote: »
    Take measurements also they can be helpful during a period of no weight lose, but the body is still changing.

True. I do the same.
  • splats05
    splats05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First of the month
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    According to some people in my gym, every 15 seconds or so.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ooh, just spotted my profile pic, ouch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!