Almond Breeze- What flavor is best?

Options
MoonIite
MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
I want to substitute Almond Breeze for skim milk in my oatmeal. Is there a particular flavor you recommend?
You get 2 for $5 at ShoppersDrugMart. I'm definitely going to buy the original unsweetened kind, but I'm not sure what flavor to buy for my second one. I can't decide between vanilla or chocolate.

Replies

• lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Vanilla is great (not the no sugar added it's nasty) If you are concerned about the 90 calories and want to go to a 60 calorie version, stick with original... It's great too.... I love it in cereal but can and do drink it by itself or in smoothies or other drinks....
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use the vanilla -- haven't tried the chocolate because I use it on my cereal.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think any of the ones that aren't unsweetened are sickeningly sweet. I prefer the vanilla unsweetened. The original would be my pick though if buying it regular
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really like the unsweetened original flavor. I feel that it's sweet enough. So I'm actually scared to try a flavored version in fear that it would be too sweet. Why not get 2 of the unsweetened original?? My 2 cents.....
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I personally like Pacific Organic Unsweetened Almond milk. It just has a few natural ingredients, is delicious in cereal, baking, or cooking, and ONLY HAS 35 CALORIES PER CUP!! Which is just the icing on the cake, figuratively speaking of course. Almonds are incredibly good for you so I commend your choice to switch from cow's milk to almond.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I prefer Silk brand Almond milk. I like the original best, but Vanilla is great for a 'treat' drink. :)
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla is my favorite!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla is my favorite!

I second this.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had the Silk brand dark chocolate almond milk? Is it any good?
  • MaggieMayhem73
    Options
    I like the vanilla best for cereals or just to drink... not so good with coffee
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You get 2 for $5 at ShoppersDrugMart.

I actually picked some up for $1.69 the other day, good price! :)
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Silk brand almond milk, every time i buy Almond Breeze I end up dumping most out. I always buy original, but know a lot of people who prefer vanilla :)
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've used both unsweetened vanilla & unsweetened chocolate in my oats and the choc just adds a little extra something, in a good way. Both are great. I prefer not to drink either but I'd use vanilla in most things and choc only when I would be ok using chocolate milk (like oats or shakes/smoothies). I prefer the unsweetened vanilla I guess, for more overall usage:-)
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I buy Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla. I found the sweetened vanilla too sweet so at first, I would mix half unsweetened and half sweetened. Gradually, I went to the unsweetened vanilla. It's good!
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started out with the sugary 90 cal. vanilla. I now prefer the unsweetened vanilla. My favorite brands are the Blue Diamond and if I can't get that I get Trader Joe's Almondmilk. The chocolate milk is really sweet. My husband drinks it by the glassful, I just sometimes throw a splash into an iced coffee for a special treat.
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I forgot that... I prefer Blue Diamond also!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I tried the unsweetened vanilla (wanted original but they didn't have it). If you're mixing it with something like whey, then it works, but in cereal, you need the sweetened varieties honestly.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The unsweetened vanilla is great. I think it tastes like butter pecan ice cream. I can only imagine what the sweet one would taste like! I didn't think the chocolate one was very good, though.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love the vanilla....my 3 year old does too....he likes it better than any other milk.:smile:
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Chocolate unsweetened.
    I LOVE IT. I use it in my baking recipes and in my protein shakes, and by itself or with coffee and tea! Definitely Unsweet Chocolate!